Met A Girl, Then Lost All Contact

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sunnyjay
    Participant
    May 8, 2016 at 3:49 am #99946

Hello world. I graduated last year (2015). At graduation rehearsal I met a girl. She was slated to sit next to me for the whole ceremony, in fact, so I was able to get to know her a bit. I had just been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and was just starting to gain strength back from it tearing me apart. I had dreams to join the military and become an engineer, and ironically her dreams were the same. I wasn’t great at conversation being that I was frail and nervous both because I was delivering the keynote speech to my class, and recovering.
    After graduation she disappeared. I never got her contact. Her family jumped off the face of the earth. She joined the military and didn’t go on our senior trip, any parties, or anything that I know of. She’s got no Facebook, no Twitter, and I can’t find a phone number or anything. The closest thing I found was a relative online of hers. I just think I’d come off as a creep writing the relative asking for contact. What should I do? #DCprobs

sunnyjay
    Participant
    May 8, 2016 at 3:55 am #99947

I know I didn’t know her for more than a couple of hours, and y’all probably gonna say to move on, but that’s all I’ve done. All I’ve done for the past year is move on and I’ve met so many people. I’m out at a huge university and even ran for student government (the only freshman who dared). I know thousands of people and I just can’t move on now. I’m the guy who talks to everyone, never has a gf because he doesn’t care about that, and is fine being a bachelor forever. But she was different..she changed my attitude.

Anonymous
    May 9, 2016 at 9:05 am #99967

It breaks my heart reading this man, but this time all you can do is move on. Messaging the relative would be a little excessive since you only knew her for a few hours. What I will say is to let this experience act as a driving force that motivates you in future interactions. If she changed your attitude only for you to never see her again, maybe that was her purpose in your life. Now, I am not a super spiritual person who believes that everything happens for a reason, but in this case, don’t let the change in attitude go to waste. Make something out of it with the next girl. This is a learning experience, and who knows, maybe one day you’ll run into her again, but for now you may have to let this one go. I’m sorry this was kind of a downer response, but you really should not contact the relative. I wish you best of luck with your dreams and recovery!

the_fella
    the_fella
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 4:22 pm #100014

yearbook maybe would work.