Met a guy who seems way too busy for a relationship.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 7:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 9:59 am #130929

He’s great in every sense. He’s smart, funny, attractive, but he seems way too preoccupied for anything serious and its killing me inside.

We met and then he had to go away for graduate school 4 hours from here. His family is from here so he does come back occasionally, but not often enough. I didn’t think we would keep in contact, but he texts me and snapchats me all the time. But it’s getting to the point where we are going on almost 4 months of this and nothing has amounted from it. We flirt and have chemistry, but we haven’t progressed into anything. It’s starting to give me anxiety. People I’ve asked, friends and family definitely think he likes me, because he keeps talking to me for months now. But sometimes I feel like maybe he holds me at arm’s length, as to not get too close, knowing he can’t be around and can’t have a girlfriend.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 9:59 am #130930

I like him, and I’m trying to be calm and collected about him being far away. I’m trying to be understanding of his lifestyle. He works coaching sports for the school, while full time in school. He’s always doing homework, in class, I working out, at practices, or travelling with the team. He is very busy and he does find the time to message me during the week, but it’s getting to be not enough as it’s not anything more than that. He keeps asking me to take the trip up there to see him, but I told him he could make time and come here. He claims he doesn’t have that time and he really wants me to come there, but I see it as we aren’t dating and I don’t want to be a hookup girl. I’ve made this known to him. I too work full time, part time, and am taking a class in between for my masters. So I am busy too. I also have friends and family who like to see me.

AlexxA
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 10:00 am #130931

He then tells me that he won’t be home all this summer, because he is on a travelling sports team, and they have a game every other day for the whole summer. Then he goes right back to school. He won’t be home until the winter holidays.

I’m just so sad. It’s a tough situation. I don’t want to give up on him, but I also don’t think it’s healthy for me to be involved in someone’s life when they have the time. Its making me anxious, paranoid, and self-conscious, all of which are not me, and I don’t want him to think it’s me.

Anyone have any advice on how to handle talking to someone whom is great, but isn’t in the right place or doesn’t have the time for a relationship?