Met online; noticed he updated his profile recently

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mamzi
    Participant
    November 26, 2017 at 6:54 pm #157382

I met a guy online about 3-4 months ago who lives in another state. Since it is a few hours flight, we met for the first time in person about two months ago. He talked about meeting his parents and friends and taking vacation. I agree those talk was a bit early and I should not take it very serious. He referred to me as girlfriend to someone at a restaurant. He came for another visit about a month ago and is planning on coming back again very soon. He has even asked me if I am open to the idea of moving one day to his town.
    However, I noticed something last night that made me hesitant about everything. When I logged into close my account, I noticed he has updated his pictures. I am certain that he uploaded the new pictures after we first met. He has logged in recently too. If he has been so interested coming all the way to see me, why is he still active on the website? At this point, I am not sure what I should do. Am I overthinking? Should I bring it up and ask him about his profile?

bunny96
    Participant
    November 26, 2017 at 9:10 pm #157385

Maybe he’s not taking it that serious anymore? Maybe he realized he was too forward with the stuff about his parents.

Or perhaps he’s just plain oblivious to how doing something like that might make you feel! I would ask him! It doesnt have to be something that comes out of the blue. Maybe bring up something like “oh I still get silly notifications from that website we met on, do you?”

Mamzi
    Participant
    November 27, 2017 at 8:55 am #157392

I did something today that I have a mixed feeling for it; I made a fake account today in that website. He sent a message to that account. I know I should not had done it but I could not resist. I am now certain that he is keeping his options open. I feel very naive for saying no to other guys while seeing this guy. I know I should not feel we are exclusive without having the talk with him first. I just don’t understand why he told me today he missed me and can’t wait to see me when in fact he is active on that site.

Yenisei
    Participant
    November 29, 2017 at 12:15 pm #157748

I hate to say it, but to me the most likely explanation is that he was never serious in the first place. Perhaps whatever expectations he had for your meeting in 3D were not fulflilled, for whatever the reason(s). Nevertheless, you should talk to him and see if he’ll come clean with you. Even if he does, it’s understandable if you don’t feel you trust him emough to pursue anything further with him, but I would suggest waiting until you talk to him about your discovery before making a final decision.

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    December 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm #158353

Oh, you are not the first woman to be so naive about it. This is called plating. You need to move on to other guys.

sparkle69
    Participant
    December 3, 2017 at 7:07 pm #158376

I think you should bring it up and ask about exclusivity if you guys have not done so already. It seems you have been moving quick

penpal99
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 9:14 am #158402

you honestly have nothing to loose at this point, so be completly forward about it, ask him directly.