Met this girl, and I don't know my next move!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SupaJones
    Participant
    November 9, 2014 at 8:56 pm #67290

So, I’m 17 and in Boy Scouts. And… no, I’m not a dork! I went up north before summer camp this year with his family, my other friends family, and my family. They brought their neighbor with them and I totally dig her. Like, I met her and instantly knew she was my type. However, she’s 14 and a week younger than my sister. I’m not asking on whether it would be right or not. Anyways, I think she likes me. Two weeks ago, my friend, his sister, and we hung out with our siblings and such when their neighborhood had Halloween. I was somewhat quiet, but we all had a great time. When the youngians went to bed, we went to taco bell though the drive through. Then my friends sister made our relationship out of the sayings on the taco bell sauces. Weird. Anyways, I think she would date me, but I’m not sure if she’s allowed/really into me. Her parents know who I am. She hasn’t snapchatted me in 4ish days (That’s how we communicate). How do I get her on a date? Have you ever been in my shoes?Thanks

zoali
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 1:17 am #67304

Oh snapchat. I hate it but I love it. This is a tough one. First off, I was a girl scout in High School and my little brother got his eagle, so I totally understand. Now I’m a college sorority girl. Stereotypes suck. Getting to the point, as you mentioned you know the age gap makes things a little sketchy, in a few years it will seem like nothing but for now it’s a substantial difference. I would say ask her if she’d like to go out sometime for dinner and something cute like minigolf or dave n busters just not a movie. Since you can’t talk and just lends to parents thinking you are up to no good. Better yet, if you know her parents ask her dad (or mom) that you’d like to take their daughter out sometime, with their permission. Even if you have to have an chaperone odds are if you prove your trustworthy/honerable and the girl is interested (trust me she is) things will progress where you guys can have alone time down the road. Good Luck Kid!

Zenith1980
    Zenith1980
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 1:33 am #67312

I agree with the above post. Certainly ask the parents if its okay.

likeaknife
    Participant
    November 11, 2014 at 9:02 am #67398

Keep straightforwardness your policy. I too agree with the above post. Good luck!

CONMAN
    Participant
    November 13, 2014 at 12:11 am #67535

Best answer you will probably get, good luck friend!

fender4567
    Participant
    November 15, 2014 at 5:59 pm #67618

go kayaking with her

wingsapp
    Participant
    November 16, 2014 at 2:45 pm #67640

good luck dude!

jessie2014
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 12:02 pm #67683

Definitely ask the parents

JohnSnow
    Participant
    November 18, 2014 at 9:31 am #67723

good luck!

Rebekah
    Participant
    November 19, 2014 at 12:28 pm #67757
    Reply To: Met this girl, and I don't know my next move!

Be nice to here and ask the parents 🙂

Max456
    Participant
    November 22, 2014 at 11:58 am #67963

Ask the parents

garu123
    Participant
    November 23, 2014 at 6:06 am #67978

Be yourself di whatever you think is right. Good luck dude

Peter
    Participant
    November 28, 2014 at 5:49 pm #68286

Like everybody else says. Ask her parents, they will really appreciate that!

Peter
    Participant
    November 28, 2014 at 5:50 pm #68287

Oh my comment is 20 days after you posted. xD

Did something happen?

ddpu93
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 3:39 pm #68340

Her being so young it’s kind of hard to gauge how she’s gonna respond, but you really just need to go for it. The worst thats gonna happen is she says no or whatever. If she does something else like gets all crazy or something then you wouldn’t want to be with her anyway. That also seems too young anyway but like you said not the point of the post.

1 2