Met this guy online. Have doubts about him??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    June 4, 2016 at 12:02 pm #102152

So the guy and i started speaking in April and after talking we exchanged Facebook. He asked shortly after asked me if he should delete his dating profile as he didn’t want to talk to any others. I hadn’t even met him yet so I was just like you can do what you want. I was still on the site and I seen him still on too. I then truly wasn’t bothered. After messaging nearly every day we met up in mid May and since then (and before) he has said to me and messaged (when the topic arises about that dating site) that he has deleted his profile. Shortly after we met I deleted mine, as a friend said to avoid it-horror story. I told him this. I do like him and was thinking to get into a relationship but I have doubts since knowing his profile is still up! I checked the site- ‘last online’ was a day before our first date. I confronted him but it does bother me now as he says he really likes me and wants to show it, planing 2nd date etc but I can’t help but think of his lie. What should I do?

Anonymous
    June 6, 2016 at 10:11 am #102155

Sorry I meant to write I HAVEN’T confronted him yet. Truth be told I’m not sure how to as I don’t want to seem really needy like checking up on him after the first date even though I did but I don’t want to be some side chick either :/

agirlygeek
    Participant
    June 6, 2016 at 8:27 pm #102273

To be honest, the same thing happened to my mother. The guy she was dating claimed he had deleted his account, but she found out he was still on actively and talking to other women.

Don’t be afraid to ask about it. You won’t seem needy or anything of the sort. What it seems is that you caught him in a lie, and that should always be confronted. Especially when it’s someone you’ve thought about being in a relationship with.