Mid-30's Dating Frustrations

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

phoenix7
    phoenix7
    Participant
    July 14, 2014 at 10:42 am #57366

Forgive me for using fishing as an illustration for my post. Throughout my 20’s, I didn’t date as much as my friends since my focus was on other things. Whenever I did seek out dates and relationships, I’d cast out the net both into my circle of friends and online dating and would get a lady or two interested. Fast forward to my late 20’s, which seemed like prime waters for me, where I at least had a woman or two keep their eye on me even while I was in a relationship.

If I compare myself now to the me of my late 20’s, imo I’m a better catch. For instance, there was a brief period of time in my late 20’s that I had a weight problem, yet again, I had better luck with dating. After a bad break, I took a solid year off from dating to focus on my own life, which I don’t regret doing. As a result of that, I ended up getting more into endurance sports (cycling and running) and eventually it lead to me becoming a triathlete who finished some long distance events.

to be con’t…

phoenix7
    phoenix7
    Participant
    July 15, 2014 at 8:41 am #57367

…con’t

Back in 2012, I took up dating again, signing up for a couple dating sites, thinking that I was a better catch than the younger me, being in better shape, having been stable on my own for years, etc. I did get a couple dates here and there, yet of course the women were around 25-35. I came to find that it was harder to date older women for reasons that are common knowledge on the internet.

I’m asking how someone like myself, mid-30’s, should adjust. Ever since my last birthday I haven’t been able to get a date. I know I’m not undatable, though my age may falsely indicate that I either have a history or there is something wrong with me. I fear this will become even more challenging as time rolls on.

I’m looking for advice on how to be more datable as a man in his mid-30’s. How can I get my foot in the door and how can I get past all the initial dates and into a relationship?