Might have messed up

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Might have messed up

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 3:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jayster
    Participant
    March 21, 2018 at 11:57 pm #168083
    Might have messed up

**LONG POST INCOMING

So I formed this crush on a girl that I worked with, the problem at the time was that she was dating somebody else that we work with so I naturally didn’t make any move or even drop a hint about it to her, but we did become good friends

9 months ago she left our workplace and 2 more after that she broke up with our other coworker. So I gave her time to get over it and then I asked her out on a date. She was very excited that I did and she said yes. We ended up having a great time and she even told me that she would love to hang out again.

Jayster
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 12:07 am #168084

A few days afterwards I messaged her reassuring her that I really enjoyed our time spent together and reciprocated the fact that I would love to do something again. She then proceeds to tell me that she is in a mode in her life where she is just wanting to date guys and not get seriously involved with one in particular, but in the same breath told me that she would would still love to do something again. This startled me a little bit because while I do like this girl, I wasn’t expecting romance to occur after one date. Obviously, it was in her right to do so, so I told her that I understood.

(Now here is where I messed up)

So I spend the next two months talking to her and trying to get this second date to happen, only for her to never respond when I bring it up. Until one day I look on Facebook to see that she is in a relationship with a guy that lives 4 hours away from us.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jayster.

Jayster
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 8:54 am #168086

Now this messed with me very much. It made me think that she viewed me as such a wimp that she didn’t want to hurt my feelings or that she found me so insignificant and not worth her time that she didn’t want to say anything to me at all, either way, not a great feeling.

However, she doesn’t seem to think that it was a big deal because while she was dating this other guy she still would periodically reach out to me and our conversations would never be about her new boyfriend or the date we had a few months back. Making it seem like she wants to act like it never happened.

So this killed my self confidence so far as dating goes and instead of looking into all the other great girls that are around me, I convinced myself that I’m not good enough for anyone and have spent the past few months hung up on her.

Anonymous
    March 23, 2018 at 10:28 am #168267

Making it seem like she wants to act like it never happene

eel751
    Participant
    March 25, 2018 at 8:16 pm #168354

Honestly just move on. It was a waste of time and emotions.

Nicky
    Participant
    March 26, 2018 at 3:07 am #168370
    Reply To: Might have messed up

:/ move on bro, there are other fish in the sea, may not seem that way but