Mismatched sex drives in a long term relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

brm2718
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 12:05 pm #154432

My girlfriend and I have been dating for 16 months and we’ve been dating seriously and thinking about getting engaged for the last 6 to 8 months. I’m completely happy with every aspect of our relationship. One issue I’ve had for a long time is an overactive sex drive. I can have sex and 10 minutes later, my body feels like nothing happened. I’m emotionally and mentally satisfied with our sex life but physically, my body is just out of whack. There have been a couple dry spells in our relationship (typically 2-5 weeks) for various reasons (health, schedules, etc) and each time there is a very good reason why we don’t have sex (not lack of attraction). She had a very conservative upbringing and sometimes feels guilty about sexual activity and I don’t want to pressure her on this. She has also told me that she feels uncomfortable with the thought of me masturbating so I have avoided it during the time we’ve dated. I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and can help.