Mistress to a man 27 years older then myself

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

neh1992
    Participant
    December 1, 2016 at 10:09 pm #118792

I've been seeing this man for about 6 months and we clicked since day one. There's two problems hes 51 and I'm 24 and he's been in a relationship for 3 years with his girlfriend. I know he cares about me and acts like I'm beyond what he ever wanted. But he still always puts her first? I know how hard it is to hurt someone in a relationship especially when you live with someone. But sometimes I wonder if he's just using me? I'm very understanding when it comes to his life and I don't ever complain even when I go weeks without seeing or hearing from him? But he gets jealous if I even talk about another guy. I just got out of a 5 year relationship and planned on being single for awhile until I met him and fall in love. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldnt waste my time when I could find someone that actually has time for me and if he will ever actually leave her for me?

kayleighsophia
    kayleighsophia
    Participant
    December 10, 2016 at 11:51 am #119692

I would leave this situation if I was you, how ever hard this may be for you seeing as feelings have been developed between you and this guy.
    You are still young enough to find someone who is available physically and emotionally for you, instead of being a back up to some guy who clearly doesn’t know what he wants either.
    Stay single for a while, and make time for yourself, learning about all the things you’d like to see from your next potential relationship.

gatasucia
    Participant
    December 10, 2016 at 8:57 pm #119694

I agree, you shouldn’t waste your time. You should go out and meet men who are single and want to date you exclusively.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 10:49 am #121225

Don’t put all your energy in him, I think you could find someone better out there! You need someone just for you! Why sharing this guy when there are many other single ones out there! Go look for that other man! Good luck!

lynn
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 9:49 pm #121253

Sorry these are tough situations, he is controlling of you because of what he is doing to his relationship. It will be hard but leave him. You spent long enough trying. Plus you don’t want to be with someone who cheated to be with you. Who is to say he wouldn’t be like that if he was with you. Sorry.

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 1:03 am #121258

I think its fine if you’re just having fun, but obviously with the age gap and the fact that he’s seeing someone else the chance of this working out long term is close to zero.

Anonymous
    January 17, 2017 at 11:21 pm #123365

I am not so opposed to there being an age gap. I have ben in two very long relationships with women older then me. My e-wife was 20 years older than me and my current soon to be wife is about 8 years older than I am. What I find more troubling is he already has a woman and your just 2nd best. Don’t ever settle for being a backup or just 2nd best, the relationship isn’t worth it.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 9:20 pm #123585

the answer is ‘yes, he is using you’. and as these things go, you are “the other person” that most committed people never leave their s/o for – sorry to say.