Mixed messages in person/via phone

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dulu
    Dulu
    Participant
    October 11, 2014 at 6:09 am #65708

So, I’ve really fallen for this girl. I’m in Law Enforcement, and she’s a nurse at one of the hospitals in my area. I initially met her by chance, and for the past 5-6 weeks I’ve tried to stop by and see her for a few minutes when shes working.

She always comes up to me, admits to flirting with me, says she “Doesn’t flirt with just anyone” – her words. A few times she’s even told me she was “thinking about me at home”. She’s walked up and ran her hands through my hair when I’m sitting down, given me big hugs, put her hand on my arms and chest. She even told me once that she would come early to work just to see me (but I told her not to do that since there’s no guarantee I could get to her hospital). I mean, I definitely feel a STRONG connection in person.

We exchanged numbers, and we’ve texted back and forth… but it seems like she’s always busy, or doesn’t respond in time when I try to ask her to meet up for something outside of work. What gives? Is she leading me on?

Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 2:41 am #65958

Try calling instead of texting. I hate texting because there is so much missing from the conversations. When they don’t respond, we often assume the worst — that they got our message and are ignoring us, when, in all probability, they just haven’t looked at their phone since we texted them. There’s no body language, facial expressions (except smileys) or voice tone in text messages. I recently saw a humorous vignette on Youtube where two buddies text back and forth about meeting up at a bar later. One misinterpretation after another leads one of the guys to show up at the bar with a spiked club, ready to kill his buddy over the perceived slights.

Metacheome
    Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 5:37 pm #66001

Oftentimes, a conversation over text doesn’t seem as…. Real, I suppose. Since you agents hearing the other persons voice, sometimes it seems like they aren’t even really there. Also, if she’s a nurse at the hospital, it’s possible that she’s busy and doesn’t have time to text all that much. Or, maybe she isn’t much of a phone person. It seems like a myth, but it definitely is a possibility.

Dulu
    Dulu
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 10:23 pm #66064

Well, for anyone interested…

I asked another nurse there, who has worked with her at this hospital, AND a previous hospital.

Apparently, the girl I like and have been talking to has a fiancee that she’s been with for 5 years, lives with, and is looking to buy a house with.

She’s texting me more often, and has agreed to meet up with me tomorrow.

So, we’ll see how this goes. Wish me luck! 😀

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Dulu Dulu. Reason: Grammar/Clarification