Mixed responses. What should my next step be?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rammz
    Participant
    August 20, 2017 at 3:19 am #146183

I know I might be overeating. So please excuse me for that!

If a guy texts a girl out on the same night, and she says “Sorry, cant tonight, maybe some other day”, I would usually assume that the girl is trying to be “nice” and is just not interested. The thing is… I know that she is interested in me. I know this because she always talks to her best friend about me, and her best friend talks to my best friend, who tells me that she is interested. I know for a fact that she was busy that night (found out after I texted her), but if you were interested in a guy wouldn’t you try to reschedule the date? I didn’t respond to decline message yet. I wasn’t sure what to say really. I know there isn’t a universal rule that all girls do the same thing, but I want to know what you guys think I should do now? Should I wait for this girl to respond with a reschedule or a hello, or do I wait 4-5 days and ask her one more time?

Thanks!

reidybey
    Participant
    August 21, 2017 at 1:05 pm #146340

Give it a bit of time, she if she engages over a few days and asks you to hang out. If not, then think of something really exciting to do with soon!