He’s Sending You Mixed Signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm #15495

He text you for 2 weeks then stopped. He “poked” you online way too much. He hasn’t said a word? He probably means something, right?

candycorn52
    candycorn52
    Participant
    October 28, 2012 at 5:19 pm #15518

I’m normally pretty good about letting a guy know I’m not interested. Like I don’t want to be mean and a guy I know on another sports team at my school got my number, don’t remember why now, but I only see him as a friend and I feel bad telling him I’m not interested. Idk if I’m on the right section but would it be wrong to just keep texting him or should I just cut it off?

dumbGames
    dumbGames
    Participant
    October 28, 2012 at 5:35 pm #15521

I’m sure this can’t be a REAL problem in your life right now.

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    October 29, 2012 at 12:44 pm #15538

Well it really can be a problem depending on how often you see that person. Feeling awkward sucks, so I’d say tell him in person! It’s not worth the mess

candycorn52
    candycorn52
    Participant
    October 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm #15595

Exactly! I don’t wanna end up in this long mess, it could affect more people than I’d like and I don’t want to hurt his feelings anyway.

edgarAP
    edgarAP
    Participant
    October 31, 2012 at 10:05 pm #15731

Listen, candycorn52. You’re being a little pansy. Don’t send him any more messages, do not respond to the ones he sends you, and when you see him next, tell him “Look, you’re a nice guy, but not my kind of guy.” And walk away.

ATL404
    ATL404
    Participant
    October 31, 2012 at 10:32 pm #15733

…….strait to me, hehe.

Caroline
    Caroline
    Participant
    October 31, 2012 at 10:35 pm #15747

ATL404, you’re kind of being skeezy.

candycorn52, you just need to be straight with him. Tell him you’d like to be his friend but nothing more

who knew_56
    who knew_56
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 9:09 pm #15748

No one likes being friendzoned, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Otherwise you’ll break his heart.

candycorn52
    candycorn52
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm #15750
    Reply To: Mixed Signals

so it sounds like you all are telling me to just stop, cut it off and tell him whats up when I see him next? He keeps texting me like all the time.

Cindi_Love
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 4:36 pm #16172

if HE’S the one getting mixed signals it’s only fair you stop. Would you wanna be in that headache of a mess?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  Cindi_Love.
    candycorn52
    candycorn52
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 4:37 pm #16174

Yea I feel pretty bad. He’s a nice guy. I hope he doesn’t think I’m some jerk girl in class or anything. Now I feel bad 😳

kaye.jacqueline
    Participant
    November 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm #16574

I have been not-to-subtly pursuing a guy at my university who is two years below me… I got his number to ‘study together’ and started texting him even though we didn’t say anthing to each other in chem class since he’s a swimmer so he sits with his other swimmer friends (the sports teams are kind of cultish here). So I finally got up the nerve and asked him via text to come over to my room on Tuesday. After downing 1/8 a liter of vodka (and throwing up the next day) he came over and we made out and fooled around a bit and then he left. In class the next day he didn’t say anything to me which I thought was weird and really bothered me so I asked my ex to text him (BAD MOVE) since they were both swimmers (swimmers have amazing bodies, btw) and tell him to get some balls and talk to me more. Instead my ex basically told him I’m this sweet but super emotional person and that I like him and get attached fast… to which Wes replied that he wasn’t really looking for a relationship (uhm… we had hooked up once so that’s fair) and he ended up texting me and telling me he didn’t think he has time for a relationship between swimming and pre-med academics. I text him back that I had no expectations so far, that I didn’t even know him and was having fun… I pretty much told him I just wanted to be hook up buddies which is NOT what I want but I didn’t want him to get all commitment phobic on me either since my ex freaked him out after we’d made out once. So he text me yesterday just asking about a test we both had to see how I felt about it. Last night I text him asking him to hang out and he came by… we talked a bit just about swimming, school, i laughed at him for texting me about a relationship after we had only made out once and he admitted that my ex had text him and blamed my ex for him texting me that about not wanting a relationship. We had sex, he came super fast (like 2 seconds) and I’m not sure what that means… if it means anything other than like he’s horny. He was super embarrassed and kept apologizing about it and immediately put on another condom and re-entered which is no bueno since you know, guys take a while to get hard again… so eventually I stopped him and was like ‘we should wait at least 15 mins’ so we made out some more and he said this weird thing like, “I don’t know if hook-ups are for me.” to which I asked, “What does that mean” and he replied “Well in the spring last year they were but then I just got really sick of it.” Then he looked worried again and I asked again what was wrong… same thing, he wasn’t sure hook-ups are his ‘thing’ to which I replied that I didn’t think they were mine (but wtf am I supposed to say since he freaed out at the relationship thing) and then he asked what the time was because he had a swim meet today and needed to go to bed early but before he left he came over, apologized for being worried/anxious and held my hand and kissed me which was a little boyfriend(ish), I thought but it could be me just being hopeful. Then he told me he’d see me at the end of break since we have a week break right now form school. I text him tonight because I’m still on campus and he just had a swim meet today but he told me he was just going to ‘hang with the guys.’ I said he was welcome to crash at my place at the end of the night and he thanked me but said he had an early night so he would probably stay at his. So… there it is. Mixed messages and I dk what to do. HELP. What does any of this mean and why are guys so confusing?? I know he’s busy but I really think he’s over-estimating the amount of effort you have to put into a relationship when you’re both in dorms that are 20 meters apart.

Caroline
    Caroline
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 3:24 pm #16824

I definitely think it was a bad move to get your ex to text him. It sounds like he likes you and is attracted to you but doesn’t want a girlfriend, because I think having a relationship is a lot of extra work, like you have to talk through things if something comes up.

pseudogf
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm #16829

it sounds like he does like you but doens’t want to be with you but doesn’t want to hurt you. That’s where the kissing and the hand-holding comes from, it sounds like that’s the only way he knows to be intimate with a girl, which is good. I’d say wait til the end of break and come back and hang out, and let him do the initiating if he wants to. Nothing worse than being in a one sided relationship

1 2