Mixed signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Mixed signals

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mikeymike09
    Participant
    April 11, 2015 at 7:44 am #77083
    Mixed signals

So I’ve recently re-connected with a girl I haven’t spoken to or seen in 5 years although she is a daughter of a family friend. We’ve met up a few times, she would stand close, sit close, and I would catch her looking at me so got the vibe she might like me. She asked me out on what I thought was a date but later said she would have to postpone as something came up. We have recently come back from a holiday with her family, mine and another. While we were away she seemed to be distant with me and would ignore me, and talk to the other guys. I have to admit I was frustrated and it didn’t go un-noticed by some. So I’m confused, does this girl like me but is just shy or is she not interested in me that way. I asked her if she was interested in rescheduling the “date” but I’m still waiting for a reply. Should I just be upfront with her and tell her I like her but I’m confused as to whether we’re friends or possibly something more?

mads3131
    Participant
    April 11, 2015 at 4:11 pm #77085

I think you should take initiative! If you, as the guy,are into this girl, don’t be afraid to take a chance and ask her out!

sindu5673
    Participant
    April 11, 2015 at 8:06 pm #77088

If she asked you out I doubt her behavior can be explained by timidity. Plus you saw her go talking to other guys so it seems shes sounds more like a flirt than like an introvert. There might be several reasons why she keeps sending you mixed signals, but remember that when a girl is genuinely interested in a guy she will keep the playing to a minimum. It could be her interest is low, but she still wants to see in you the desire for her that makes her feel desirable. I wouldn’t write her off yet, but I would seriously consider pursuing other girls as a priority.

mikeymike09
    Participant
    April 12, 2015 at 1:07 pm #77097

Thanks guys, I hear what you are saying. My thoughts are have I misunderstood her and is she just a flirty girl, and was the date actually just friends nothing more.

I did ask her if she wanted to reschedule the cancelled date a few days ago but I haven’t had a reply. So I’m thinking I might leave it a couple more days, then text her being upfront saying something like “I’m really into you, bit I’m confused are we just friends or maybe something more, can you tell me what’s going on”

See what happens, at least I’ll know for sure, either way.