Mixed signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Mixed signals

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

chaza
    Participant
    May 14, 2015 at 4:25 pm #79029
    Mixed signals

Hi I need some advice I’ve been using online dating sites for a while now and have been on various different dates and even had one relationship from using a site. I am a little confused a guy recently started chatting to me online and we were getting on really well. He asked me if it was ok if we exchanged numbers and I said yes we continued to text each other for a few weeks then arranged a date. The date went really well and everyday since the first day we started chatting online we text each other. After the date we kissed which was great and we both said we wanted to do it again. We still text every day but the frequency of the texts has slowed down. Plus I asked if he was free on his day off and unfortunately he had plans. I don’t want to seem needy or clingy but I really want to see him again but don’t want to suffocate him. Should I just come out and ask him if want to go out again or will I scare him off. I’m unsure what to do next. Any advice is appreciated.

nissa
    Participant
    May 14, 2015 at 4:57 pm #79030

It seems like you’ve found someone you’re interested in, and while he’s showing some interest, he’s not taking much initiative to secure the second date.
    Just my opinion, but if you’ve already asked once and this relationship is still very new, I personally wouldn’t ask again.

How long has it been since you first asked him if he was free? Has he followed up with a time he is available?

chaza
    Participant
    May 14, 2015 at 5:12 pm #79033

We chatted for 2 weeks then arranged our first date which was last week and I asked him if he was free this week the same day as it’s his only day off of the week. He said he’d love to do something but that he already had plans. I asked him on Monday as a Wednesday is his day off. To let you understand he works in a bar and his only night off is a Wednesday so I asked him this Monday if he was free on the Wednesday but he said he already had plans. He has not suggested yet about arranging another date. What should I do

nissa
    Participant
    May 14, 2015 at 5:35 pm #79034

It sounds like he has a busy schedule and not a lot of free time. I’d wait until he asks you though. The reason I’m saying that is typically when someone asks to make plans with someone, the normal follow up when they’re not available is to pick another date. I really don’t know the reason he didn’t do that, but since it’s a new relationship, I’d let him take the next step.