Mixed signals

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Mixed signals

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bearcat707
    Participant
    December 7, 2015 at 7:47 pm #89676
    Mixed signals

So there is this girl I like that I’ve been talking to. She is pretty shy in person but we have good conversations over text. I asked her on a date but she was going out of town the next day and she had to pack so I said ok, I asked her to go to the movies a couple of weeks later and she said sorry but she was super busy. I asked when would be a good time to ask again and she said she is usually pretty busy but she’ll let me know. She will occasionally text me first randomly and sey “hey😊” And things like that. I do not really know what to do next because I’m getting such mixed signals from her. And advice would be appreciated.

FavoredPisces
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 3:09 pm #89728

Hi There,

Okay, this is not easy. There are no mixed signals going on. She is being nice and trying to remain on a friendly basis with you. If she liked you, she would have made the time to go out with you. That she has said no twice, with the excuse that she is busy…? No. We are never too busy to go out with a guy we might be interested in. Her random texts are just that. She likes the fact that a guy finds her attractive or is interested in her, so having you around is very flattering, but there is nothing more to it. My suggestion? Don’t communicate or ask her out again. Be her “friend.” She says “Hey :)” you say “Hey!” with a smiley face. Say “Hi!” when you see her around, nothing more. Chat when you bump into each other and always have a good story up your sleeve, so its not awkward…Let her get to know you. If her texts get longer and communication starts to flow, and she’s now looking out for your messages and your “Hey!” then maybe you can try again. Good luck!

blurfan
    Participant
    December 8, 2015 at 9:15 pm #89770

I agree with the above comment. If a girl likes you, she will MAKE time to meet you. Sorry but she’s probably just being friendly.