Mixed signals and messed up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fratsun
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 2:16 am #150331

Hi,
    Need some help on trying to figure this one out so let me know what you think. Not so much dating but relationship.

There was this gay dude at the company i work for, hallway chatted a couple times but caught him glancing over a few times. He added me on LinkedIn and a few weeks laters he left the company.
    I was away so sent him an email saying too bad and, after me saying I would miss the farewell drinks, he suggested we have them when I am back.
    Fast forward and we are out having drinks the too of us. We hit it off well and he finds out I am gay (apparently he didn’t know) and he tell someone me he has a boyfriend.
    He offers to walk me to my car. We both were tipsy and joking around. Arrange to meet up and go to the gym etc. Time to say goodbye for the night and we hugged for a little longer than you’d hug a friend and tells me ‘trust me’ – which I took to be ‘trust me I’d want more if I didn’t have a boyfriend’. We peck kiss and I must say I tried to make it more than a peck, to which he just keeps lips tight. We say good bye and he leaves.

I sent him a text saying safe drive, and hit you up for that hanging offer but didn’t get a reply.

To be honest I don’t want anything other than be friends (no sex) with this guy. Have I messed it up? I want to send him a text to arrange to meet for gym/squash but not sure how he’s gonna take it. Did I mess this potential friendship up? Any help is welcome

• This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by  fratsun.
    • This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by  fratsun.