Mixed Signals…booty call or friends or ??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lilmissraincloud
    Participant
    March 5, 2014 at 2:00 am #48806

I like this guy @ work but I am gettin mixed signals.
    BEFORE we slept together: (knew e/o 5mos.b4 we had sex)
    he wld stop into see me on breaks/when passin thru wld say hi & bye at shift begin & end.
    he wld text short msgs hi wyd etc mayb 1-2xs a wk.
    talked abt a date (it never happened)
    jokes & picks on me at work
    stares at me/watches me when im in his area
    AFTER we slept together:
    he said he didnt wanna see me again due to rumors @ wrk he didnt want fired
    no longer sees me on breaks/when passing thru
    no longer txts but will respond if i txt him -says he dnt like to txt hence the short replies an since i dnt have calling he cant call instead
    MIXED SIGNALS- he does not like to be ignored if i walk by w/out sayin hi he clears his throat loudly or makes me look his way says things loudly like HI HOW R U TODAY or will come see me to say hi cuz i ignored him he still jokes w/me stares at me/watches me when im in his area picks on me etc & we slept together again said it was no bc.

lilmissraincloud
    Participant
    March 5, 2014 at 2:10 am #48807

he says the sex was not a booty call. he said he likes me. but he has said in past he is afraid of commitments. if i ask abt seein him etc he always has an excuse which is always work. he works 6dys week gets 1 day off & says he sleeps it away after errands etc. so basicaly hes sayin he has no time to date or go on dates. but i know hes made plans to go on dates with other ppl recently. tho it never happened. why does he want my attention at work an want to sleep with me but not date. i know he likes me cuz he cares what i think abt him (he doesnt like it when i get mad or think poorly of him like call him a player etc) he doesnt like me to ignore him. he did say he would see me after work hours on nights he works earlier shifts but thats not happened either he says cuz hes been workin extra hours an longer shifts etc. i cant figure out if he is distant cuz he has no time for me so he makes himself not get too involved or if he just uses it all as an excuse.

pbx39
    Participant
    March 10, 2014 at 11:20 pm #49041

Not on topic but if you look for help and advice how about offer some respect and write in a whole words and sentences. That shit is good for texting your pals

azureorb
    Participant
    March 11, 2014 at 3:45 pm #49096

I agree… OP, you have to learn to write better. But with that aside…

He lacks interest. He got his fill by hooking up with you, realized that it’s not such a good idea since you work together + he’s not wanting a Relationship.

So let it cool off. Don’t come across as if you’re digging him. Everyone has time to see someone else. If he was “that into you”, there would be time made, no doubt. He wasn’t necessarily playing you — he just went with the moment and wants to take a step back, given the environment.

You’re not going to convince him otherwise. The best you can do is take a step back too, and focus on other stuff — and not guys at work. 🙂

jazzy_ninja
    jazzy_ninja
    Participant
    March 11, 2014 at 5:22 pm #49115

You got set up. You took the bait. You should never eat where you ____. You also shouldn’t allow yourself to be treated any other way then with the respect you have given to him. He is playing games with you. He got what he wanted and now he wants to keep you on a string JUST in case he needs some more. But still won’t treat you any differently then a co-worker who gave him some.
    Cut your losses and move on. You need to dictate how you will be treated by treating yourself better.

jazzy_ninja
    jazzy_ninja
    Participant
    March 11, 2014 at 5:25 pm #49116

She didn’t come here for grammar patrol. Your comment was completely unnecessary. Do you troll the boards looking to pretend you are assisting with English and grammar when clearly nobody asked you for it or wants it?

She’s a grown woman and just like you, she writes how she wants.

Stop worrying about how other people write and get a life.

sodapopdude
    Participant
    March 15, 2014 at 5:01 am #49314

He is not interested :(, I had a similar situation with a girl at work, and we ended up sleeping together but if I like someone I will keep talking to them after the sex. He is back and forth, and for me I usually have my mind made up.

theresa
    Participant
    March 30, 2014 at 10:50 pm #50059

you have to decide if you’re OK with what he’s giving

Zeus
    Zeus
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 7:14 pm #50131

Don’t have sex with coworkers.