Mixed signals from a shy girl.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:26 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dearblock25
    Participant
    February 24, 2017 at 5:48 pm #128299

I have liked a girl in my graduate program for some time. She is relatively shy, but there are times when she pops out of her shell, which is something I really like in her. We started talking to each other in group settings. Many times she would initiate contact with me and ask about my day or find random things to talk about.

I recently started asking her to hangout with her alone, which has gone very well. We would do things such as jog, have lunch and we constantly studied together. I asked her if she wanted to go to this pizza place with me, and I specifically said “as a date.” She quickly said yes, but however she couldnt do it that weekend because she was going out of town. Since then, she has nearly ignored me when we are in a group setting in our grad program, even after I try to start a conversation with her. When we are alone, we have a decent chat, but it still feels a bit awkward. Is she having second thoughts, or is she trying to hide this date from our mutual friends?

boyfromhouston
    Participant
    February 26, 2017 at 5:47 pm #128339

Definitely ask her what’s her reasoning behind the mixed signals. if the chemistry is there and she wanted to take things further, she definitely wouldn’t give u the cold shoulder. which appears to b what she’s doing. it wouldn’t hurt to fall back a bit, maybe just b up front and ask her. tell her u feel like things r changing a bit. there’s nothing wrong with pointing out how things used to be. it’s not like u guys r dating though so don’t come off as too needy. maybe she’s testing u, i’m not sure, women can b very strange lol.

it wouldn’t surprise me if she wanted to keep everything discreet and just between u two. having others in ur business can get quite messy, ESPECIALLY when they’re ppl ur gonna have to see often. i personally would just talk to her about it and see what’s causing her strange behavior.

exff22
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 9:01 am #128307

Ask her out again. If she declines a second time then move on.

Daterr117
    Daterr117
    Participant
    February 27, 2017 at 1:23 pm #128393

I think this was the best answer. Her behavior after makes me think she’s not interested and just said okay the first time to get out of an awkward situation and “be nice.” But I could be wrong. So the best option here, is to ask again. If she declines, there’s your answer. Or if she says yes, and finds some way out of it, without suggesting another date, then, there’s your answer.

RoxOli
    RoxOli
    Participant
    March 2, 2017 at 8:48 am #128747

Yup, it sounds like she freaked out a bit, don’t give up just yet 🙂 You two sound cute 🙂

TIlesmith
    Participant
    March 4, 2017 at 9:36 am #129075

Yeah, I mean, id ask her semi directly or maybe ask her out again? If it dosnt look good, just hang back. Maybe she will come to you, its hard to sa. Just have fun with everyone in the group, have fun with her, maybe itll put her at ease.
    Are you kinda intense? Maybe just hang back and laugh with people, see if that works.