Mixed Signals from Friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CollegeSOL
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 2:42 pm #86057

This is very confusing two year long situation, but I’ll try to keep it brief. It confuses even my female friends.

This one friend of mine I’ve been trying to date for two years now. The first time we met, we talked a little bit but she recently got out of a really crappy relationship that turned her off from the dating. 6 months later though, she ended up dating another guy (for a year). After that went south and me not talking to her for some time, she called to catch up and we’ve been close since. However, I recently asked her the possibility of us being together. She told me she used to think about being with me when she was with her ex, she has sowed me texts from friends that want her to date me, yet she said she needs to focus on herself right now but says “I think maybe in the future I could see it, but definitely not right now with anyone.” She gives many mixed signals, and it seems I get most attention when I give her little.

Am I an ego boost or a potential future BF?

CollegeSOL
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 2:43 pm #86058

It’s a very confusing situation so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. It should be known she tells me everything so I fear I am in the dreaded freindzone.

bomberfan35
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 3:03 pm #86060

Honestly I’m going through a similar thing, trying to figure out what the mixed signals mean. The longer things go on I feel as though it’s sort of an ego boost, or that I’m a stand in boyfriend, she doesn’t have to commit to. I would say put yourself out there and say she can’t have it both ways. If there’s something there perhaps it’s worth the risk, but be ready to hear the negative side of things and be let down. Its something I’m going through as well right now