Mixed signals, got a feeling I'm being lead on

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lot89hour
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 12:28 pm #84634

Right this is fairly complex lol,

I’ve been speaking to a girl for awhile through Facebook, we kinda was aware of each other through mutual friends but only really recently started speaking through Facebook messenger then text. She told me from the start she has a lot going on in her life and hasn’t really got time for a relationship but then acts interested and sends very mixed signals. Sometimes I read her messages and it clear she isn’t keen then tomorrow it’s like she’s crushing hard lol.

At first we was friendly then it developed more flirty, a lot of talk of the future and plans etc. I invented to meet her a couple of times and she vaguely showed interest like “yeah will do sometime” but I left it as that because presumed she wasn’t that interested but then she kept inviting to meet me, eg she would come on messenger and say “are you free tomorrow we should do something?” , we would generally casually make a plan but then usually when it come to the day she would blow me ou

lot89hour
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 12:38 pm #84635

Out* and then apologise heavily and do the same again. We eventually met and had a good time, kissing etc, the following messages next few days were very girlfriendish, she expressed how she liked me and was very flirtascious telling me how she’s going to take me to the cinema and how we are both off the market but I said I wouldn’t change my Facebook thing as she is very private. Couple of days later she suddenly said can we step back and slow down but her feelings haven’t changed I said ok that’s cool and We didn’t text for two days, thought I would give her space. I then leave a friendly comment on a photo of her son on her fb page to which she replies straight away text me!!! So we began texting again, wouldn’t say it as flirty as before but still more than friendly she always left messages with “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” when she ain’t like that with everyone.
    She then had issues with her ex, the child’s father, and stopped topping up her phone, well possibly she could blagging.

lonelyman
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 1:14 pm #84638

I think you should let her go. plent more girls out there

lot89hour
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84636

So we went back to messenging through Facebook, mainly talk early morning, before I went work and before her kids woke up and late night, she would quite hot then cold though, sometimes message straight away back to every message really interested and carrying on the conversation but other times she would be distant but then come back and apologise for being distant and how she does like me and misses me and how she’s hope she hasn’t missed her chance but would at least like to be friends? But then often would say how it’s not the right time for her, I said I would take it slow or get to know her which she said would be perfect. Still would go hot then cold. I decided to take another girl out in a date, keep my options open because I have the feeling that original girl may be doing that, that new girl tagged me in a Facebook post revealing my date and the original girl unfriended me off Facebook. I felt quite gutted and left it a day then I messaged the original girl

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84682

I would drop her. She sounds like she is using you for attention.