DATING ADVICE FORUM

Mixed signals: Should I keep him or should I leave him

Author
    Comments

• Joygrace
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 10:06 am #113143
    Mixed signals: Should I keep him or should I leave him

I meet this guy on tinder and we hit it off immediately. At first we messaged quite frequently. Eventually we met up on a date and we got a little frisky. We were kissing and touching each other down below. After we messaged for a bit but then I noticed he was very slow on replying to my messages. We had said we wanted to meet again, but he never makes official plans to see me. Eventually I thought he didn’t want to talk anymore. However, there were two occasions where I stopped messaging him and he texts me upset saying I was the one ignoring him. But he still continues to reply hours apart. I understand he has a job and does football training but a simple reply is not that difficult. He doesn’t call, replies so slowly and never makes plans to see me when I bring up us meeting again. But he gets upset if I don’t message him, calls me pet names like baby and hunny, texts me about my day and tells me he misses me. I’ve known him for just over a month.

Please tell me what to do.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Joygrace.

lme27
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 3:55 pm #113208

Sounds like he’s just keeping you around as an option (stringing you along)!for his own personal gain all about the control.. 😕 I’m in a similar situation so sorry I can’t give more informative advice. Good luck anyway.

Anonymous
    October 6, 2016 at 6:37 pm #113485

I’m in a similar situation so sorry I can’t give more informative advice. Good luck anyway.

October 8, 2016 at 9:06 am #113516

Hey Joygrace – I call these guys mindf**kers. They give you just enough to keep you hanging around, but won’t actually commit to plans or to you. DO NOT wait around for a jerk like this. Move on to someone that’s going to take time investing in you as well!

Briana
    Participant
    October 8, 2016 at 10:53 pm #113542

Sounds to me that he’s just keeping you as a second option, someone to fall back on if his other dates fall through! Don’t fall for his game, find someone who wants only you, you deserve it Joy. Good luck.

Anonymous
    October 10, 2016 at 9:17 am #113538

Give it time. You are worrying too soon.

classy2016
    Participant
    October 10, 2016 at 10:18 am #113599

I think you worrying too soon! I think you should let it flow for everything, one month is too soon to judge if he’s keeping you as a second option, so just be patient and try to know his personality better 🙂

luckystars1504
    Participant
    October 12, 2016 at 10:09 pm #113970

Don’t contact him. If he likes you, he will make the effort to talk to you and see you. If not, he won’t. Sorry but he sounds like a player who likes games! Find someone who is more mature.

beachgirl75
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 10:44 am #114295

Going through same thing here. No advice but wishing you luck!

definitelynotanowl
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 11:37 am #114304
    Reply To: Mixed signals: Should I keep him or should I leave him

It sounds like a tricky situation, but I would say wait it out for a week or so. If he keeps doing this, then maybe he is just keeping you as a second option.

How long is he taking to reply? Is it just 10 or 20 minutes, or is it hours? Keep in mind that he might genuinely be busy with work, but if he’s the type to reply quickly to other messages, then that’s definitely weird.

I hope it all gets sorted out in the end.

CyKings
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 12:40 pm #114330

He’s using you. No offense but dont be dumb and play into his game. He’s not being genuine or honest with you. Instead he is using your own emotions against you.

If you dont want headaches or drama then get rid of him and find someone better.

109ball02
    Participant
    October 17, 2016 at 1:42 pm #114337

sweetheart.. its tinder. He might have 5 or 10 girls he sleeps aroud with. So if you don’t put out, whats it to him? He doesnt care if you dont text back or anything. He hardly has to put in anything. If you dont put in, he can just go to someone else. Im saying this cause most people know statistically what becomes of tinder meet ups and how easy it is to ditch and move on. He is showing the signs of being there

NicoletteM
    Participant
    November 2, 2016 at 9:04 pm #116202

Go with your gut instinct ! If someone cares they will reach out to you a lot and find the time to do so

109ball02
    Participant
    November 4, 2016 at 11:18 am #116356

Typical tinder. If sex isnt easy enough with one woman, just swipe your screen and try again. Thats what you are experiencing with him. How many women does he have? How do you know? Its tinder you say, right? Statistically what comes of tinder are flings. Its easy to desensitize yourself on there, that people are objects that can be swiped and replaced in an instant. So, if you don’t put out, you will feel rejected. Its a vicious cycle. I would know.

How about meet someone on an actual dating website that doesnt have such a strong reputation with flings and one night stands. Unless that is what you are after, I never asked. Look out for yourself

Chlo
    Participant
    November 7, 2016 at 11:59 am #116596

I almost think your overreacting are you sure that you love him? Don’t worry how he feels how do you feel? Think on that for a little bit then see!