Moving back and wanting an old fling…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mauigirl
    Participant
    September 28, 2013 at 5:31 pm #40195

Advice please?
    I met a man a year and a half ago and we hit it off but I was fresh out of a long relationship and he to was going thru some personal stuff. We only went out a couple times but shared our insecurities. I also helped him with some health issues and he has since called me his savior. We have a few close friends in common. I was told that I probably shouldn’t date him because he was going thru stuff. He started dating someone else but I was told he wasn’t into her and liked me. I only saw him a couple times in passing. Each time he was extremely attentive and flirty, but still a gentleman.

I moved away 6 months ago. The weekend before leaving we ran into each other and i told him the news. He was upset and said he had messed up and wished he hadn’t been so scared. He said that he had just become single and thought he had time.
    A few months ago he called drunk telling me he loved me and was waiting for me. I told him I was moving back in August. I haven’t really kept in touch and August has passed. I’m finally moving back next week, but he’s back with his girlfriend. I know bc he posts photos on facebook.

Is there anything I can do? I want to date him, but I don’t want to get hurt or for him to cheat on his girlfriend.

skrillex4life
    skrillex4life
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:33 am #41281

I say move back and gently restore contact via a text or Facebook. Be patient and if he really loves you things will fall into place naturally. Don’t rush anything.

gbSWFBUIo
    gbSWFBUIo
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:34 am #41283

Sounds like he moved on and you should too.

catcat789
    Participant
    October 28, 2013 at 1:29 am #41975

That sucks. I get what youre saying.. Try to move on. Sucks to hear, but its the truth.