Moving On

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Moving On

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

md301
    Participant
    August 25, 2013 at 12:07 am #37704
    Moving On

My two year relationship ended about a month ago. I am feeling okay now, not perfect, but pretty happy. I miss my ex boyfriend, of course. However, I have come to terms with the problems our relationship had, and I realize that there are people out there better suited for us. I can’t get rid of my hope that he will tell me how much he misses me and that he wants to get back together, though. I don’t really want to get back together. At least I know in my head that I don’t. I guess I just am looking for advice on how to get rid of my ridiculous hope that he will come back. I feel like it’s just going to keep me from completely moving on. So any advice on how to quit hoping would be awesome. Thanks!

rose123
    Participant
    August 29, 2013 at 2:30 pm #37994

My advice to you would be to focus on yourself, we forget how much we give of ourselves when we’re in a relationship. Some of that healing can can start when we build ourselves back up. Take that extra time to do things your love and might not have had the time otherwise, paper yourself and take new adventures. Most of all, give it time. That person will be in the forefront of your thoughts for awhile and the most you can do is immerse yourself in life’s distractions. Hope this helps a little,

Rose

cece607
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:33 pm #39315

I am so sorry. Enjoy the single life and like Rose said, take time for yourself. Don’t waste time hoping that you are going to get back together. Hope is pointless. Go out there and find the person that you can’t live without!

daniellem87
    daniellem87
    Participant
    November 5, 2013 at 8:08 am #42450

Breakups are so difficult. Just find time for you and do something that makes YOU happy!

poptart0214
    Participant
    November 5, 2013 at 6:30 pm #42504

They best way to move on is to cut off contact with him. It will be hurtful and hard. I’m came from a similar situation and i wrote my ex a really heartfelt email to tell him to not contact you. And YOU DO NOT contact him either when your ready let him know u will call him in 2 weeks, 6 months, or 2 years. If he loves you he will respect that. It really worked for me. It’s been 2 years and I’m so happy i haven’t been in touch.

Disturbed2003
    Participant
    November 10, 2013 at 12:50 am #42661

Focusing on yourself is definitely the key here.

agnuscastus
    Participant
    November 11, 2013 at 9:45 am #42673

no contact his the only way…block him on facebook, delete his phone number. iv gone 2 months no contact – i feel like texting him but there is no point. be strong, get out there and meet new friends… pamper yourself and focus on loving yourself more than ever.

spaceship
    Participant
    November 12, 2013 at 5:19 am #42682

It takes awhile to heal n get over someone… Just give it time.

JennyJennifer
    Participant
    November 13, 2013 at 5:05 pm #42859

This is really tough because no one like rejection. We all want to feel loved and needed. However, make the best out of it and try to enjoy your life. Focus on your hobbies and the right person will come along.

SuperCupid
    SuperCupid
    Participant
    November 13, 2013 at 6:58 pm #42860
    Reply To: Moving On

My Dear, listen to your head and not your heart. If things are falling apart already, long-term commitment will not work. Good luck and peace.