DATING ADVICE FORUM

Moving on, help!

Author
    Comments

• Electricthunder
    Participant
    November 13, 2016 at 2:50 am #117145
    Moving on, help!

Hi, Im sorry if any autocorrect happens here, im not doing this on a computer. I just got out of a bad relationship, that lasted about six months, and i broke it off with her about a month and a half ago. She was very strange after about the 4th month, as she started being overly obsessed with me, to the point that it was scary to break uup with her. She wouldnt talk about much else to her friends i found out, and overallthe relationship was unhealthy. Hhat happened to be my first relationship, becasue i had some anti social issues earlier in life. That was a month and a half ago. I met this girl at work, and i really like her. Shes sweet, beautiful, and we became pretty good friends. It seems like she trusts me, and she enjoys my company. Some of my coworkers urged me to ask her out, and part of me wants so bad just to give it another shot, but another part of me is still scared because of what happened last time. I cant tell if im ready to move on. Please help!

Mr.J
    Mr.J
    Participant
    November 13, 2016 at 9:39 am #117154

Not all experience are the same, because girls are different in their own way..The one who can tell you if you have move on was yourself..If it hinders you because of her probably yes, but if it is because on the experience, your just afraid to feel it again.

Electricthunder
    Participant
    November 13, 2016 at 12:52 pm #117158

Id love to be able to tell myself to move on, but like i said, Im so worried that this might end up the same, because I thought i loved the other girl too, and im worried of it happening again

MadisonV
    MadisonV
    Participant
    November 13, 2016 at 6:00 pm #117159

Ok…and if it happens again, learn from it and move on. Life is too short to be scared bro. I say ask your co-worker out and feel her out. If shit starts getting weird, end it.

happygirl1978
    Participant
    November 15, 2016 at 9:07 pm #117411

I think you should ask her out and take things easy this time. Keep in mind that not everybody is the same. Take your time to know more about this girl.

Virgin01
    Participant
    November 15, 2016 at 10:09 pm #117424

I think you should take a risk and ask her out. If you don’t put any effort into trying to start a relationship with this new person it will be harder for you to move on.

Anx1985
    Anx1985
    Participant
    November 15, 2016 at 10:19 pm #117427

I really think you should give yourself the chance and ask her out. It will be good for you since you are trying to move on. But do take your time on this one 🙂

Electricthunder
    Participant
    November 16, 2016 at 8:53 am #117408

Yeah, youre probably right. Thanks so much!!

bhdot1
    Participant
    November 16, 2016 at 12:05 pm #117503

Move on .

Electricthunder
    Participant
    November 16, 2016 at 7:29 pm #117586
    Reply To: Moving on, help!

Well that went about as badly as it could have. I was about to ask her out, when she says “check out what my boyfriend got me!”. And she showed me a picture of this fancy dress she got. She didnt say it in a way where she was trying to let me know she has a boyfriend, she just was saying it normally. I guess I was completely wrong, maybe shes just a flirty person. At least she said that before i could ask her out.

Singledaddio
    Participant
    December 3, 2016 at 2:45 pm #118973

I am no expert. It takes some time to move on from one to another. You need to get over emotionally . The more sooner you want another relationship more likely you end up in another bad relationship

Sixxychick
    Participant
    December 3, 2016 at 3:48 pm #118977

Good luck. It will get easier for you.

georgy
    Participant
    December 4, 2016 at 5:57 pm #119002

go out with her as friends to begin