Mutual Breakup but we still wanna be friends

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mohajaja
    Participant
    August 20, 2015 at 6:44 am #84422

Where do I start here….. Okay so I’m 20 she’s 18. We met on tinder oddly enough back in February. We talked for awhile hit it off great eventually met and it continued to get better and better. We’ve been now dating the last five months. The relationship has been going great we get along no fights not drama. I’m going into my third year of college and I commute and still live at home. Whereas she is going into her first year and is going away to a school 2 hours. We recently had the talk about where we stood in regards to our relationship. Together we came to the notion that long distance isn’t healthy nor would it work for us long term. In addition, we both agree we would love to stay good friends. She leaves next Saturday. I’m really struggling with this whole thing I’m still in love with her and I’m having a hard time letting go even though I know it’s for the best. Just need some advice to see if you think we’re doing the right thing and how to make the friend transition

kasper6696
    Participant
    August 23, 2015 at 10:30 pm #84603

Being friends after a breakup is a very hard thing to do without wanting more… I know you do not want to hear this but the less time you spend with her/talk to her, the easier it will be to get over her.

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 4:19 am #84606

The only way you can truly be friends post-break up is if you truly want only friendship, and don’t care if you get together again. I would take some time away from communicating with her so you can clear your head and figure out your true emotions.