my best friend always budding in

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    November 11, 2014 at 2:46 am #67419

So basically my best friend lately has been budding into any potential date I get approach me. She does this in different ways, for example last weekend was my birthday and I got chatting to a hot guy he showed a lot of interest and leaned in for a kiss and then we hear and see her say eww and pull a face. Needless to say he was hurt and felt it was directed at how he looked and left. This sort of thing happens a lot or she tells me a guy is a bit weird trying to turn me off them. This is the only time she’s mean and is usually such a nice girl and when I have mentioned this to her she usually blames alcohol and laughs it off. I get it maybe jealousy but how do I handle this??this is my best friend and I want to sort it out with causing as little tension as possible, what should I do?? She does this only to me and none of our other friends.

NaturalMystic
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 1:30 am #67653

That’s really not cool, you shouldn’t let somebody other than yourself control you. Just don’t hang around her with guys or tell her she’s got to chill with other people overl. take what I say next with a grain salt but it sounds like she’s either really jealous, or she’s into you.

You can choose to ignore me though, I ain’t too smart and I don’t know the situation all too much.

shadowcat162
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 3:08 am #67655

This isn’t right for her to behave this way. I think you should should just be frank and tell her that it isn’t funny and there is no excuse for it keep happening. If it happens again, I would not hang out with her in situations where you could be meeting boys.

ndadvice
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 8:46 am #67662

I would agree to stay away from her when you are on a date, but maybe also try talking to her about this maybe she doesn’t realize what she is doing.

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 9:16 am #67677

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I will say to her I’m having a hard time getting dates because she can act rude towards the men asking me out and it’s scaring them off. I hope she will take it on board because it’s something that really been bothering me. I always set her up on dates and encourage her when she needs it so hope she’ll be cool with it.

We are both going to a party on Saturday so fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again.

jessie2014
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 12:01 pm #67682

I think you should tell your friend exactly how you feel