My best friend is in love with me. Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alyort44
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 11:21 am #89270

So I have recently found out my best friend is in love with me. He has been like my brother for 6 years now so I have never been open to the possibilty of feeling more for him. Now that he has told me how he feels though I have been realizing that I might have romantic feelings for him as well but just never realized it. The problem is I have a boyfriend that I live with who has always had a suspicion that my best friend liked me. I love my boyfriend but now I am confused and don’t want to make the wrong decision. any advice?

jajune93
    Participant
    December 3, 2015 at 8:44 am #89323

Why not date both? Just kidding.

Anyway, only you can answer that, but I am leaning towards staying with your boyfriend unless there are other reasons for breaking up with him. Especially since you only recently found out about your friend’s feelings.

Christy_35
    Participant
    December 3, 2015 at 9:37 am #89332

I guess my question is, you love your boyfriend, why are you confused? There shouldn’t be any confusion of making the wrong decision if you feel you are with the person you want to be with. Unless…your best friend has given you some things on the emotional level that maybe your boyfriend doesn’t give, so it’s understandable you are worried about losing that connection with him. So here’s the thing, you will lose it. You and your best friend have to take some space from each other so he can sort out his feelings and move on. You have to be clear with him that you love your boyfriend and you don’t see him in that way. I’ve had to do it a couple times when I was younger and friends with more guys than girls. The friendship changes, sometimes it fades away. Unfortunately, that’s usually how it is when girls and guys are friends. I know it’s hard though. You don’t want to lose a friend, but you also don’t want to lead him on. Good luck!