My BF lost his virginity to his own stepsister. HELP. :(

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Confused_83
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 12:47 am #127911

I need advice please… the stepmother of my boyfriend of nearly 8 months let it slip this weekend that he dated her daughter while she and his father were dating. They were together for about six months, and he insisted there has been nothing since, and no desire to. She now lives in another state and is engaged to another man. He has since admitted to me that they did sleep together while they were dating, and he lost his virginity to her. This is really upsetting me… both the situation as well as the fact that he neglected to tell me this months ago. I have come to really truly care about him, and he treats me very well… I have definitely fallen in love with him and don’t want the relationship to end, but this has me reeling. I’m looking for advice on how to deal with this and put it behind me. I am worried about how I will feel when I meet her and anytime we are all together how awkward it will be for me. I appreciate any and all advice.

woodworker
    woodworker
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 5:40 am #127921

You just have to not care about the dynamic as there’s obviously nothing the dude can do here other than erase. Why would he ever tell you, like ever? You think he wants that conversation? The very last thing he wants is for you to get angry with him one day and say something bad like “why don’t you go bleep your sister”. This situation is something that could be chalked up as trivial when compared to real problems that are coming whether you’re riding some type of worry-free-cloud or no. Dude lost his virginity to his step sister–you should really examine how society/your culture of females steered him right into that one and what you can do for regional change instead of sulking over it. Erase, examine, do something/nothing.