My boyfriend is acting strange.  I'm worried.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

My boyfriend is acting strange. I'm worried.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 10:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Cody
    Cody
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 10:12 pm #141442
    My boyfriend is acting strange. I'm worried.

I’ve been dating this one guy for a while. Well, honestly, about three weeks. He replied to a profile that I had online. When we first met, everything went perfectly. He was completely into me, we did things that we both enjoyed (boating, bowling, chilling at the beach). I even met one of his best friends (his roommate). Later on he asked me to be his bf, saying that he would never hurt me and that I would never need to worry about him leaving. I was worried about trusting him so soon, but he convinced me to after much wooing. We began a relationship and everything has been going great. All of a sudden, a few days ago he began acting distant. He didn’t kiss me, hold my hand as often, seemed preoccupied. Then he told me that wanted to talk. That night he asked if we were moving too fast and said that being with me reminded him of his exes. They had hurt him and he was afraid the same thing would happen with us. I told him that he knew me. When I asked him what he wanted,

Cody
    Cody
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 10:17 pm #141443

he replied that he didn’t know. I asked him if he wanted to break up, and he replied that he didn’t know. I think that he wants to go slow, but he isn’t Abel to articulate to me what he needs. I was ready to leave his house that night (we had been crying and stuff), but he asked me to stay. I did but slept on the other side of the bed…..I didn’t know where we stood. When I woke up though, his arm was over my body. I asked him if we were still together, and he said yes. I told him that I didn’t want to lose him and would give him whatever space he needed. That morning, he kissed me when I dropped him off at work and said that he loved me. I don’t understand what is going on. I haven’t seen him for a couple of days and his texts are very short and unromantic like how they used to be. He said that he would talk to me later about everything. I am so confused. Was he playing me? Did he bring baggage into the relationship? Is there something about me he isn’t telling me?

Cody
    Cody
    Participant
    July 10, 2017 at 11:11 am #141444

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

ant45
    Participant
    July 20, 2017 at 8:44 pm #142849

3 weeks? Take it slow and really get to know him -beyond the bedroom. There’s no way that you can have a stable foundation for a relationship with someone that you’ve only known for 3 weeks. That’s not to say that you don’t have a connection, I’m sure that you do, but wouldn’t it be best to REALLY know someone before talking about never leaving each other?

Freebird
    Participant
    July 21, 2017 at 11:33 am #142882

It sounds to me he is using you for convenience and pleasure. It has been 3 weeks and already he is playing games with your emotions. A man knows how to use the “I love you” card when it will benefit him. He sounds like he does t want to be alone, so in order to keep you at a distance he is making it sound like he is emotionally conflicted. Do not be fooled, men are rarely ever truly emotionally conflicted they are just aware that a woman will find it more of a challenge and strive to be the one who will cure this confliction. Just something to think about.