My boyfriend is probably going to jail

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CassieRose
    CassieRose
    Participant
    March 6, 2015 at 1:26 pm #74941

Hi guys, I’d really appreciate any advice especially anyone who has had past experiences with these types of things. I’m 20 years old, but been through my fair share of bullshit. I’ve been abused, stolen from, and taken advantage of. I don’t want to get married and have children yet, but I have been looking for someone serious who is (or has) their life together. I met a guy at a hookah bar in the beginning of the new year. He was just my type, tall, dark handsome and goofy. We clicked immediately. But then I slowly started finding out bits and pieces of his life that weren’t all that great. Basically: He lives with his grandmother because he has a warrant for his arrest in Florida, his license has been suspended for more than a year, so he can’t get a job here because if they did a back round check he would get in trouble. He came to this state in hopes of doing a contracting job with his uncle but he hasn’t pulled through. What should I do?

cosmo.io
    Participant
    March 7, 2015 at 11:46 pm #74989

OMG. You need to drop him now. I wish you the best of luck in finding an honest guy.

CassieRose
    CassieRose
    Participant
    March 10, 2015 at 3:21 pm #75143

I believe you answered your own question when you made the statement that you were looking for someone who has their life together. You also need to look at your lifestyle and decide whether it may be leading you to find guys who don’t have their life together. Sometimes we need to change ourselves before we can attract the right person we believe we deserve. If on the other hand you are working hard to get your own life together or indeed have got it together then keep looking for that special guy as he will materialize eventually and you will be happier knowing that you didn’t settle for anything less. Good Luck.

Thank you that comment opened my eyes a lot. I went through my rough patches, but as of now I’m holding a job down whil going to college. So I’d like to think I am being productive. Thank you so much for your insight. xoxo

CassieRose
    CassieRose
    Participant
    March 11, 2015 at 8:49 am #75144

I know I probably should but I’m afraid to break it off because of how depressed he is. I guess its time to grow a pair lol

DavidHooHaa
    Participant
    March 12, 2015 at 9:42 pm #75297

Give him a chance at least. You never know who your prince charming will be and if you turn him down you will never know if it was him.

CassieRose
    CassieRose
    Participant
    June 22, 2015 at 3:40 am #81406

I just wanted to give you all a quick update: My then bf who I wrote this forum about is now in jail. He is awaiting sentencing for the charges of public disruption, public menacing, and aggravated assault against me. I’m happy I made it through. This has inspired me to become a domestic violence advocate. Thank you all for your advice.