My boyfriend won't take his dating profile down or stop seeing other women

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pr3ttyblue27
    Participant
    January 25, 2014 at 8:05 pm #46556

My boyfriend and I have been on and off for about a year and a half. On Christmas Day, he broke up with me. We ended up getting back together on New Year’s Day. During the time we were broke up, I had planned a trip to Chicago. I asked him to come with and he declined. Said ” no, go see your friends, I don’t mind.” I told him my friends were exes or guys and he said again, I don’t mind. So I did, told him about it and that I didn’t feel right doing it. Well now since I did that he is now spending time with other women. Even after I asked him not to. I told him I am not comfortable spending time with male friends and I’m not comfortable with him doing it either, if he does it will hurt me. He’s also on a dating site and sending messages, flirts to other women. I told him I’m ready for us to just be committed to each other and asked him to take his profile down and stop seeing these other women. He keeps getting angry with me and telling me that I did it in Chicago so why can’t he? Help!

socal84
    Participant
    January 27, 2014 at 1:45 am #46598

You deserve someone you won’t see as a doormat. Sometimes you just need to let people go, as much as it hurts.

skyguy
    Participant
    January 27, 2014 at 3:28 pm #46652

He’s sees you as Ms. Right Now, not Mrs. Right. Move on. Those actions show no dedications to the relationship. Been there…done that.

stuffwar
    Participant
    January 27, 2014 at 6:32 pm #46682

Kind of sounds like you’re just a placeholder until he finds something better. I don’t think it’d be healthy to continue if he keeps refusing to remove his profile. What’s he need it for if he isn’t searching for someone?

runnergal13
    Participant
    January 28, 2014 at 12:15 am #46688

If he was really into you then he wouldn’t still be looking to see what else is out there. I’ve been in a similiar situation and he ended up leaving me for someone else.
    I know it hurts but the longer you wait, the more it will hurt. I would break up with him now and find someone who only has eyes for you and treats you like a princess 🙂

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    January 29, 2014 at 9:50 am #46762

Y’all both really need to stop playing these games with each other, you’ll only end up getting hurt. You’re ready to be committed to him, he’s obviously not, and telling him you’re going to see exes and other guys in Chicago, it definitely ain’t helping! He was ready to dump you not one month ago, I think at this point you’re just treading water on a sinking relationship.

Like everyone else said, leave this guy because this relationship is doing nothing for you.