My boyfriend's girl best friend.. not sure if I am over reacting

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sparkle69
    Participant
    December 3, 2017 at 7:08 pm #158377

I have been dating my boyfriend (28 ) for a year and a half. He has this girl best friend that I have only met once in person. She is younger than him (24) with a young daughter and does have a boyfriend. Although she does live a bit further from him so they do not see eachother much from what he tells me. They do talk often over text and phone calls.
    Long story short, in the beginning of our relationship I noticed she would be face timing with him while she is drunk late nights 4am with her friends. She would always call him while we were together on our dates at night although respectfully he would not answer. There was one time where he was spending the night at my place and then quickly left before noon to go meet up with her and her friend for a lunch date. Although I am not sure why he has never invited me? In the beginning of our relationship he is a DJ, he asked me to come out to one of his gigs…so I got ready

sparkle69
    Participant
    December 3, 2017 at 7:21 pm #158378

even though I was sick..as I was going to go im not sure if he felt bad for me being sick but he told me not to come… she was coming with the girls and I assume he didn’t need me there anymore. When I ask him about her he says they are friends of a long time of about 7-8 years now. He said that she did have feelings for him when they first met, but he didn’t feel the same. And she would always come out to support him in his gigs, they do have many pictures of themselves up together from 2-3years back. He has mentioned to me that both his exs…did not like her and now my gut feeling is telling me something is not right. I eventually ended up meeting her a year later when he had a small get together at his house and she was there with her boyfriend. She was very standoffish towards me and we did not speak much and others commented on how she was acting strangely. Before this she had called him to invite him to her daughters first year old birthday party that he did attend but did not

imboostin
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 12:11 am #158385

sounds really weird, from what you said and being a 3rd party to this it sounds like his friend has feelings for him. I understand your jealousy or worry about her but you cant be telling him who he hangs out with and who he doesn’t. You have to trust that he won’t do anything with her and that he is with you because he likes you and no one else.

BrettSMITH
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 1:07 am #158390

Great information!

sparkle69
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 9:09 am #158379

invite me. For halloween I did a makeup look in which he told me ..woah I look like her in the sense she did something similar so I got upset and had to change my look. And today he was invited out to her friend’s best friend party in which he couldnt attend, so they all went out for lunch the next morning..but I never got an invite. I am confused and I have addressed this with him and he brushes it off saying she’s just a friend but I am not sure if I am over reacting. What do you think? (This girl is also friends with his sister, and his best friend who is a guy). When I ask him why I’ve never met her sooner he would always just say because I never even see her anymore.