My crush of four years is finally single — any point in asking her out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

PaulKrueger23
    Participant
    December 14, 2016 at 7:04 pm #120205

There’s a girl I’ve been really into since about 2011 who is _finally_ single, but now I’m incredibly nervous about asking her out. We worked together at the same supermarket for a few years, but she had a boyfriend at the time, so I obviously didn’t bother asking her out. The other thing is that many of the guys at the store think she is gorgeous, and while I’m not ugly, I’m afraid she’d reject me because she can find a better-looking guy.

She no longer works there and I haven’t seen her since August (FB being out only minor connection). Added to the problem is last year I DID ask her sister out, but was rejected because she (unbeknownst to me) had a boyfriend … so I worry asking this girl out could make her and her sister uncomfortable.

In short – it’s tough to ask her out because of:

1. Anxiety about her being “out of my league.”.
    2. It’s been months since I’ve seen her.
    3. Asking her out online is weird.
    4. I worry about making her and her sis. uncomfortable.

CuteNixon
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 8:06 am #120224

I think there is no harm in giving it a short. If she doesn’t want to have anything with you then you can always move on but you never can tell until you try. I wish you all the best ok

WubbaLubbaDubDub
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 7:08 pm #120364

This sound super cliche but it’s the risks you don’t take that you’ll regret. You might as well give it a shot! 🙂