My ex boyfriend is revengful and is financially harming me. what do i do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

missymisda
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 3:20 pm #80984

So I was dating two guys. One of them (rob) was really fun and easy-going and the other (john) was very successful and from a politically connected family.

I made the mistake of telling John I broke up with Rob and wanted to be just with him. I broke up with him soon after telling him I was with Rob first and it was only fair to stay with Rob. That’s when the nightmare started. John found Rob’s email and sent him dirty pics I sent along with tons of texts telling him I loved him. The trouble didn’t end there.

Two weeks later, John texted me asking for his diamond jewelry back. I ignored him because those are gifts and gifts aren’t returned. He told me I would end up paying back 10x what I refused to give him back and never contacted me again.

Soon after, the IRS sent me an audit and I had investigations opened on my business from a few different state departments. I’m now at the point where the legal trouble is overwhelming and every few weeks, a new investigation

missymisda
    Participant
    June 15, 2015 at 3:21 pm #80985

What am I supposed to do at this point? He is hell bent on revenge. I’m really sorry that I got involved with two people but it seems like he is deliberately causing me financial damage by using his family’s business partners in the state government.

I don’t have any interest in talking to him but I want him to stop. What can I do? Attorneys are asking for insane amounts of money and the police say no crime was committed for a restraining order or to have him arrested. Please tell me what to do?

catlover
    Participant
    June 16, 2015 at 9:24 pm #81151

Maybe you should try talking to him but bring along a trusted third party as sort of a witness to vouch for you. Write down your questions ahead of time and go in confident that a compromise can be made. Just an idea. Hoping things work out for you.