my ex broke up with me. now he's mad I'm moving on?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alittlelost1
    Participant
    September 5, 2014 at 5:27 pm #60826

My ex and I were not together long, maybe 4 to 5 months and it moved very quickly. He asked me to move in after a month n a half or so…. I did after many discussions about it. Everything was going great then we got into a discussion about a few issues we were having… That turned into a 2 week up and down period, at the end of which we got into a blow up fight after he said he needed space and claimed I didn’t give it to him. He broke up with me. He said he felt maybe he never loved me, it was puppy love. I moved out. Its been a little more than a month and we randomly started talking again, small talk. Then he somehow found out I have a guy I’m now seeing and that we have had sex…. He freaked out. He was saying I’m a slut. He knew I’d go “bang a bunch of dudes” etc… He claimed that he was thinking about trying to start talking/ hanging out again. But not now that he knows I’ve been with someone else. I still have wanted to get back with him this whole time. What is going on?

alittlelost1
    Participant
    September 5, 2014 at 7:45 pm #60827

I’m a female, BTW. In case that was in question. Just wanting make perspective.

Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 5:54 pm #61054

Sounds like he is a bit sour since you moved on and he didn’t. I think that the relationship moved too fast and it caused him to freak out and push you away without giving it much thought.

I would just move on and not bother with him but if you really want to get back together with him, being straight forward is your best option. Basically call him on his BS and inconsistencies in what he says, then tell him what you want. At this point he has to make up his mind.

AdamS
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 7:16 pm #61214

It’s your life, meaning that do what’s best for you.
    Ask yourself:
    -Is this the person who I want to be with?

Not all relationships work out. Especially first ones.
    Either move on, or take some time so things cool down and see what you think you need to do from there(with a calm mind)

OaDCy
    Participant
    September 19, 2014 at 3:50 pm #62305

What’s going on is that his plan was:
    He breaks up with you. He heals in a month or two, then starts dating and sleeping with other women. Meanwhile, you pine over him and take at least three months (maybe 6 months to a year) to get over him before you start dating. Most importantly, regardless of when you start dating again, you only do so after he’s completely moved on.

What happened instead:
    you started dating and having sex with another guy after only a month, which is your prerogative (After all, people can still date even if they’re still getting over someone else). Meanwhile, he’s still getting over you and hasn’t started dating yet. End of story.
    Short version: he’s jealous.

john8345
    Participant
    September 22, 2014 at 8:18 pm #62403

Your ex needs to find himself someone else. As we were breaking up, I thought that we could still date occasionally just because it was someone to go somewhere with. However, now that I’ve found someone there’s no looking back.