My Ex left me and is mad that I'm now distant

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

j1234
    Participant
    August 17, 2014 at 3:02 pm #59532

My GF broke up with me out the blue (we work together).. She said she had started to really like me and was worried about getting into another relationship so had to end it. The next day I reassured her I’d never hurt her and we got back together.. Then after 5 days she did the same thing. Said she couldn’t fight the feeling that she needed to be on her own for a bit and it was hard because she liked me.

Anyway, we agreed we could stay friends, I’ve been friendly and haven’t tried to get her back but distant as I’m upset and don’t want her to know it.

The other night she sent me a long message saying she missed my company a lot and hoped we could hang out as friends soon. I didn’t reply as didn’t know what to say. Then the next night she was out with her friends and text me a REALLY long message pretty late saying how she didn’t think we could be friends as I was so distant and didn’t seem that interested, it’s best we don’t talk any more and she blocked my number.

j1234
    Participant
    August 17, 2014 at 3:03 pm #59533

I’ve tried to be myself round the office, hanging out with my friends and smiling and laughing, she wouldn’t have known I was upset.

I text her back saying I’m sorry she felt this way, that I’d been busy but hoped we could be friends soon. However she’s blocked my number so never got the message..

What do I do? Why is she angry at me after she ended it?