My fiance ' s ex is married to his best friend and it's ruining my life

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopeful
    Participant
    August 3, 2014 at 5:52 pm #58742

I am recently engaged to a man I’ve been with for 5 years. However, his best friend/business partner is married to his ex-gf. Since I’ve met her, we have not gotten along and when we announced our engagement she was clearly not happy for me. Over the years, she has been standoffish and bitchy to me but overly friendly and inappropriate with my fiance (giving him gifts, showing up where he is, flirting). My fiance throws up his hands and claims he can’t do anything except be nice to her and claims she is just being sweet and thoughtful, not inappropriate…I am at a point where I am rethinking marrying him solely due to the fact that I don’t think I can deal with her being in our lives forever, which she certainly would be. I feel it is a grenade waiting to explode and that no solution exists. I am lost and we started couple counseling but nothing has seemed promising. The idea oflosing him over this breaks my heart but at the same time, I don’t want a marriage full of misery. Help!