My friend is messaging the girl i like but he doesnt know.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Frankr1998
    Participant
    March 19, 2017 at 8:13 pm #130508

My friend who i only met 6 months ago told me he has liked this girl for 3 years but i have liked her for 1 year. I decided that i’d let him have ago at her and encouraged him to message her. However, im finding it difficult helping him with her when i still like her. I lersonally think i’d have a better chance. What should i do? Should i try to message her or let him have her?

roco148
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 9:29 am #130531

The story doesn’t make much sense…. if the guy has liked the girl for three (!) years (!) why does he all of a sudden need your encouragement to message her? And why in your right mind would you help him if you really liked her?

You put yourself in a lose-lose situation. Now it just depends…. how much do you value your friendship with this guy vs how interested are you in the girl? I think you can only choose one…

Frankr1998
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 9:40 am #130533

He never thought he could get her and i was able to get her number because im friends with one of hers so i got it for him. I thought i was being a good friend and didnt want to tell him as i thought i could deal with it but i couldnt it

roco148
    Participant
    March 20, 2017 at 4:05 pm #130538

I hope this is a lesson for you then…. you should have have just told him that you like her.

Now you just have to choose between the two.