My friend said he liked me only as friend but he keeps staring at me (?)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    June 28, 2017 at 4:49 pm #140910

So I know this guy since last year, but I never paid attention to him as more than a friend. We are both studying to get in a medicine university. This year, 3 months ago, I I was thinking constantly about him and then I told him I was liking him (because I thought the feeling would go away) he told me he just liked me as a friend and I told him I already knew he would answer that (’cause he’s really shy and introvert). He stares at me (and I wasn’t the only one who noticed), but he turns his head away when I lift my eyes up to stare him in a more obvious way, and he was holding his breath when he saw me in a cute dress once. One of his close friends told me he never had a girlfriend before and he doesn’t like to talk about his feelings to anyone. He told me our only concern should be getting in a medicine university right now. And he talks about me to other people (good things mostly lol). And he told me several times he doesn’t like to be in social medias. What do u think?

newbielove
    Participant
    June 29, 2017 at 1:16 pm #141035

I think that when you confronted him about liking him he started to look at you differently. I’m sure he likes you but since he has no experience dating he doesn’t know what to do. The fact that he stares at you is enough to tell you he likes you. I think maybe you should be more playful towards him, kind of soften him up in some way…idk get him comfortable with you.

Also, the guy that I was previously talking to didn’t like social media either and he wouldn’t add me on his SUPER PRIVATE facebook page and his snapchat (i didn’t ask but still)…its the worst! lol! It’s like you have nothing to go off of!!

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 12:25 pm #141128

newbielove Sometimes we can be really friendly with each other, and other times there’s this awkward silence. But we keep being always polite with each other.

LiftedBeing
    LiftedBeing
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 12:34 pm #141131

You should kiss him and find out what how he really feels…

AineWalsh1992
    AineWalsh1992
    Participant
    June 30, 2017 at 1:04 pm #141154

I think if you have to question whether or not someone likes you then the chances are, they don’t. Instead of putting unnecessary energy intro tryin to figure out if he’s into you, find someone who does x

yuyuotome
    yuyuotome
    Participant
    July 1, 2017 at 8:19 am #141220

I hope you’re ok

doxawinner
    doxawinner
    Participant
    July 1, 2017 at 1:57 pm #141221

maybe he is just confused on how you are gonna feel…u know ….maybe you shoukd take the bold step

lollipop2max
    lollipop2max
    Participant
    July 2, 2017 at 3:39 pm #141229

I would ask him straight up why he seems to be giving you conflicted messages, he probably has no idea he’s doing it… Or, if he does maybe he does want something more, just is unsure about how to go about it.

alkyone
    alkyone
    Participant
    July 2, 2017 at 8:38 pm #141232

It’s quite safe to assume that he likes you a lot. Though he confused and don’t know what to do with his feeling but he constantly showing affection toward you. I think you don’t really have to do anything, if you like him, you can do the same thing and do it really slow just like he did, but if you don’t like him, you don’t have to turn him down really hard. Just let it flow… give him time

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 7:26 am #141175

LiftedBeing I don’t think I have the guts to do it

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 9:46 am #141178

ainewalsh1992 Thank you, dear 🙂

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 10:02 am #141208

liftedbeing i think i’m just not brave enough to kiss him out of blue

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 10:02 am #141210

i don’t think i’m brave enough to kiss him out of blue. And, yeah, AineWalsh1992, I think your opinion is very important. Thank you.

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 10:03 am #141211

alinewalsh1992 ok. thank you for your advice.

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 10:04 am #141224

Ok. Thanks.

1 2