My friend started dating this guy. I dont want her to get hurt. Thoughts?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• JennaMcClain
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 8:22 pm #108016

Id like advise from both men and women. My girlfriend started dating this guy. Usually, she likes to play the field. But she really liked this guy so she’s pretty much dating him exclusively. I met him once and something about him I didnt like. He’s a “badboy” (good looking, alot of tattoos, looks kinda tough) which I know she has a weakness for. She also has a daughter so she knows she has to make smart decisions for her daughter. He’s even been adding some of her girlfriends on facebook. She’s introduced him to her girlfriends (and I’ve met him too) so obviously she likes him. Normally, Id say its her business, not mine. But I noticed a few things wrong with this…
    1) He’s a bad boy
    2)) He’s a single dad
    3) His most recent relationship was under 5 months. His facebook said he was in a relationship in March, and he’s obviously single now.
    These all seem like red flags. She’s a single mom too.

JennaMcClain
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 8:22 pm #108017

The fact that he’s a single dad isnt the issue, its the fact that he’s also a bad boy and was just in a really short relationship. Doesnt sound like good boyfriend material…Sounds like a player to me. I dont want to see her get hurt. I know she really likes him because shes been tagging him in a lot of facebook statuses and they only met a week ago. His facebook says he lives in Arkansas (we live in Texas.) So obviouly he moved to Texas for some reason or he’s temporarily here. She said he goes back on the weekends to visit his son.
    Here’s the big kicker
    Since he met her and I saw his facebook, I noticed he was adding other girls from his homestate of Arkansas. Ive been checking his Recently Added friends on facebook every day and notice each day he adds several girls from Arkansas. Im assuming he’s adding them off Tinder. He’s literally added DOZENS of girls since they met last week. I know he’s still single, but they’ve gotten hot and heavy pretty quick and from what she’s told me

109ball02
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 11:25 pm #108023

Here is what you know:

He’s a bad boy, in your opinion.
    Hes a single dad.
    Shes a single mom.
    Short relationship.. automatically making him a player, somehow.
    Adding girls.. so must be from tinder. Or maybe highscool reconnecting, old home town, camping club, reunion etc etc.
    She got “hot and heavy quick” well that is her choice. If he came for sex, he got it, if that is what you are implying.

Bottom line, none of your business. If the didnt want to get hurt, she should have held off sex for a few months. Thats on her. In fact, it all is. Just be a good supportive friend, dont beat her down for making her decision and make her feel like a fool in everything she does. And stop stalking him and his every move on facebook.

coliver
    Participant
    August 12, 2016 at 6:28 am #108029

I agree with 109ball02, just be a good friends! And there for her when she needs you!

JennaMcClain
    Participant
    August 12, 2016 at 9:03 am #108018

and some of our other girlfriends, she’s been seeing him exclsuviely. Literally every single day he’s adding multiple girls who live in Arkansas, and he apparently goes back to Arkansas every weekend to visit his son. I know she isnt seeing who he’s adding because you can only see Recently Added friends from the computer and she only uses facebook from her phone.

What do you guys think of this? Is he just a total douchebag player who is gonna break her heart if they become a couple?

JennaMcClain
    Participant
    August 12, 2016 at 11:12 am #108054

Here is what you know:

He’s a bad boy, in your opinion.
    Hes a single dad.
    Shes a single mom.
    Short relationship.. automatically making him a player, somehow.
    Adding girls.. so must be from tinder. Or maybe highscool reconnecting, old home town, camping club, reunion etc etc.
    She got “hot and heavy quick” well that is her choice. If he came for sex, he got it, if that is what you are implying.

Bottom line, none of your business. If the didnt want to get hurt, she should have held off sex for a few months. Thats on her. In fact, it all is. Just be a good supportive friend, dont beat her down for making her decision and make her feel like a fool in everything she does. And stop stalking him and his every move on facebook.

these arent “high school friends” these are typical saucy, man-magnet FB pages of people from where he’s from. Adding nonstop

109ball02
    Participant
    August 13, 2016 at 12:41 am #108147

these arent “high school friends” these are typical saucy, man-magnet FB pages of people from where he’s from. Adding nonstop

Then subtract that. Still does not change anything.
    Are you dating him or her?
    Be a supportive friend and leave the rest alone, she is an adult. If you see something drastic, then tell her indirectly what you are seeing so she can ask him questions. Don’t play monkey in the middle, I doubt she asked you to come on a internet forum to ask questions about her personal life, and that isnt even fair. If you see something your that rings a bell in your gut, then just talk to her.

nobi
    Participant
    August 13, 2016 at 4:31 am #108148

Fact is:
    1. You know nothing abut this man but judge him already.
    2. Your girlfriend can do what she wants it is her life not yours. If this man is not good for her she will find out herself and breaks up. That’s it.

This all is none of your business…

JennaMcClain
    Participant
    August 13, 2016 at 4:25 pm #108157

nobi, of course she can do what she wants, thats why im on here asking you people for your opinions on him and not bringing this up to her. but i dont know, adding probably around 100 seductive-looking females from his hometown since he added her looks awfully fishy and doesnt look like a faithful person who would be willing to maintain a monogamous relationship without cheating. Mind you, the guy is in his 30s and is behaving like this (like a teenager or young adult)

and 109ball02, of course im not going to bring this up to her. then she’ll know i went through his page. i just didnt have a great feeling about him when i met him and this further validates my feelings.