My GF broke up with me, wants a break and said she still loves me.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 8:16 pm #96653

Hello, my gf broke up with me yesterday, one week before our one year anniversary. She used to be all over me in the beginning to the point that bother me a lot since it felt like she was been extremely needy and paranoid. She hated the fact that I would “like” pictures of women I knew on FB, especially the ones that she felt were better looking than her. I didn’t think it was a big deal but eventually I gave in and stopped “liking” pictures of those women I knew. I had no intentions of being with them but she thought it was wrong so I stopped but she never forgot about it and would come bring that up from time to time to the point that she would give me a hard time about my past and anyone I ever flirted with. I wasn’t totally happy with her being so needy and paranoid but I kep going. She had a very rough life and was emotionally scared. We start dating after we hooked up for months and after she had separated from her ex husband threated her like crap. Even though I wasn’t 100% in

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 8:18 pm #96654

I kep going until I fell in love with her. The other breaking point is my ex who I have kids with and because of that I have to co-parent. The mother of my kids did not like my gf and often ignored her when she would see us together. That attitude upseted my gf greatly even thou I tried to distance myself and set boundaries. My gf felt disrespected and refused to just ignore the mother of my kids and focus on me. My gf told me she was reaching her breaking point and our arguments bcame more frequent and of course anything I sad that did not validate her feelings set the world ablaze. She also would question me why I wouldn’t get engaged with her since It didn’t take long to long for me to get engaged to the mother of my kids. I wasn’t ready and I told her that we needed more time since we were not even an year together. She did not like that and thought I had no sense of urgency. I’ve been trying to improve and correct my flaws and the things she would get upset about it.

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 8:23 pm #96655

A married couple of us even sat down with us said that we should not break up but she said it was too little too late. I love her very much and she told me she loves me too but just now is too much. What should I do?