My gf seems to dislike the "L" word when i use it

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kyle
    Participant
    November 27, 2014 at 12:40 pm #68265

hi everybody;
    This is my first post and i was looking for some advice on what to do. i have a close friend, ive known her since we were young and we recently started dating. we get along super well and we decided to get into a relationship.
    she and i have been dating for about 3 weeks and its going great between us. Its in an open relationship, but she does however tell me how she feels about me all the time. Were in a pretty good situation together, and i wanted to tell her how i felt. she and i both say we really care about each other and we see each other on a weekly basis. We’ve had safe sex once, and that really seemed to help alot to boost our interests with one another.
    recently i used the L word (Love) twice and she seems to ignore it. its actually the only time she ever does. i didnt want to come on too strongly with it as i understand some women in open relationships dont want to be tied down right away. i was looking to see what kind of advice i could get being with her

srose7
    srose7
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 7:08 am #68294

She may not like that word because she has a hard time committing. You guys are in an open relationship after all so maybe that’s the issue. If you guys were commited to one another and she didn’t like the L word then I’d be giving different advice. Since you’re in an open relationship, usually, the “L” word doesn’t come up much.

Kyle
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 11:41 am #68311

thanks for the advice Srose7;

you could be right, it had crossed my mind. Now a week ago we were talking, i told her how her day was, and out of nowhere she said that was a sign we’d get married. It seemed to make her excited, and shes always telling me how we get along so well or how she cared about me. since then shes started sending me posts on Facebook about how she feels about me, so i know at least shes very infatuated or very interested in me. When she said it, i told her it had crossed my mind and replied it made her very happy.

saraxsa
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 12:18 pm #68318

You should give her some time , trust me trust heals everything

Kyle
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:19 am #68312

Now im not the best when it comes to relationships. Im socially awkward abit of an introvert and im slightly autistic. but its the reasons why I like her so much, she doesnt seem to mind. Since then its been getting close to holidays and shes been getting rather busy. When i told her how i felt she didnt reply, but she sent me a text last night apologizing saying “sorry darling dont think im ignoring you. ive been busy cleaning & decorating” i can be gullible in relationships and the way she said it made me believe her. ive known her for a long time but i still want to be cautious

Kyle
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:19 am #68324

thanks saraxsa;

i did give her some space over the holidays, and she sent me a text last night apologizing that she couldnt talk to me saying “sorry darling dont think im ignoring you. ive been busy cleaning & decorating”. I genuinely believe her as much as she cares about me, and we kinda seem to text or talk when we get the chance. im just kinda new to the idea, but i dont want to come off as being clingy or anything. im just not the best with relationships, im kinda socially awkward, goofy, and im autistic as well. But i can tell she cares about me alot, which is why i do also. and thanks for everyone’s advice, it really helps!

Kyle
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 1:32 pm #68457

oh my comments went through. disregard the last one its a duplicate

androck15
    androck15
    Participant
    December 3, 2014 at 1:08 pm #68624

cscsac

nikestey
    Participant
    December 3, 2014 at 4:09 pm #68651