My girlfriend is shy about comin out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kellyanne
    kellyanne
    Participant
    December 20, 2012 at 2:51 pm #19194

I’ve been with my girlfriend for about just over a year and we’ve had to hide our relationship around her family because she hasn’t come out. My parents know so we always sleep over at my place or hang out with my parents. She’s so comfortable around them and they are so accepting of her but she’s worried about coming out to her family because they’ll probably be really rude about it.

They only see me as a best friend whenever they see us together and I make the effort not to show affection when there’s times I just want to grab her and kiss her in front of her parents and say “She’s Gay!!! She’s all mine and you can’ stop us!!” ughhh. so frustrating.

Any advice?

kellyanne
    kellyanne
    Participant
    December 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm #19195

Sorry for the rant, I’ve been going to other forums to see what other girls think so any help would be appreciated.

mixerz77
    mixerz77
    Participant
    December 21, 2012 at 10:24 am #19300

Don’t pressure her too much. Although you’re anxious to share your love, it really isn’t your place to decide how she should live her life. Comingn out is a choice she has to live with regardless of how others take it. Coming out isn’t just for others, it’s for the person too. Like she needs to be confident in herself that this irreversible choice is one she’s ready to live with.

kellyanne
    kellyanne
    Participant
    December 27, 2012 at 12:38 pm #19513

Yea, it’s been hard for me to bite my tongue, I’m so eager it’s frustrating 🙁 Any advice on how to push her closer to my interests of coming out? I don’t want to trick her but I want to reassure her I’ll be there for her!

bubblyjo
    bubblyjo
    Participant
    January 15, 2013 at 3:03 pm #20737

I can see what you mean, you feel like you got put BACK in the closet with her, but all you want her to do is enjoy the beauty of coming out. You have to realize it’s a completely different situation than yours, no matter how many similarities you see. Plus, she’s got YOU breathing down her neck, not cool.

Back off a bit and I think she’ll appreciate support, not impatience.