My girlfriend of 9 years cheated with my best friend??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• Bittersweet90
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 11:49 am #129266

Me and my girlfriend been together for over 9 years, only couple of days ago she dropped a bomb shell on me saying she’s been cheating on me with my best friend, my heart sunk, I was heart broken to be hearing this. We met in 2008 till now we still together in 2017. The affair started in 2012 when we met, till 2017 which is over 5 years. I don’t know what to think or to say to her she’s confessed everything to me about the affair such as time, places, when and where like on my birthday or her my house or hers, I asked why she’s doing this to me and what did I do to her to treat me that way, as I have been a loving caring boyfriend always supported her, and she lives with me in my house, no kids, she tells me its all her fault, she didn’t intend to hurt me in any way she’s says she’s remorseful and she couldn’t go on with the lies anymore and it was just sex with him, it didn’t mean anything I can’t tell u guys how I’m feeling right now as I have not drank or ate in 3 days.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Bittersweet90. Reason: Misstyped
    richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 4:07 pm #129331

yeah this one is tough. i’m sorry to hear about this.
    if it were a one time deal, and a stranger, then MAYBE MAYBE i might give it another try (but only MAYBE).

That it was 5 yrs and your best friend under your nose – no. Sorry.. that is no excusable.
    i’d leave and move on as best as i can (might take a while). but you deserve way better than that.

Melanie B
    Participant
    March 8, 2017 at 8:53 am #129360

9 years together is a long time. More then half of those years she was cheating. Get out now while you still can. Once you’re married and have kids it’s harder to just pickup and leave. 9 years is long but a life time with someone is forever. If she did it once, she can do it again. Sorry.

Melanie B
    Participant
    March 8, 2017 at 8:54 am #129359

Move on while you still can. Once there are children involved or you’re married it’s harder. Better to find out now then later. 9 years being with someone is a long time but spending a lifetime with that person is even longer. If they do it to you once, they can do it again. You’ll have trust issues with them forever. Get out now while you still can. I’m sorry.

Confused48
    Participant
    March 8, 2017 at 7:22 pm #129513

If she’s willing to do that, then she doesn’t deserve you. It’s tough but time to move on.

LostLover91
    Participant
    March 9, 2017 at 11:58 am #129599

You do not deserve to be treated like that by her or your best friend. He also doesn’t deserve to be called your best friend either. I blame both of them and not just her. I feel that it might have been eating at her for much too long and she couldn’t handle it anymore and told you. 5 years of sex is a long time she says “there’s nothing there” but I honestly don’t think that that’s the case. I would definitely find a new place to live without her and move on. This relationship is done and has been done for a very long time. Leave while you still can, I know it’s hard but it’s so much better than just staying in a relationship where there’s no trust. I wish you the best of luck.

Always_the_Nice_Guy
    Participant
    March 12, 2017 at 11:00 pm #129866

Sorry to hear that man. I was engaged to a woman and after three years I finally had to end it. I found out she was trying to cheat on me when I had the ring and I called her out on it. She cried and apologized and promised me it wouldn’t happen again. Truth is she did try again after we were engaged and it took me a long time to trust anyone again. You deserve better.

ThePianist
    Participant
    March 13, 2017 at 7:23 am #129876

I think she’s just hypersexual & lacks empathy. Seems like a total narcissist to me. Sorry you had to experience this.
    You deserve better. Learn from this experience & always look for red flags in your next relationship. All the best, bro.

Akane
    Participant
    March 13, 2017 at 2:34 pm #129944

You sound like a sweetheart and I know after being with somebody for a long time and after having been through with somebody through so many things it’s is hard to say bye. This seems to be the case here, since you have told us about this. In your heart you know, she does not love you at all and sadly she was wasted your time and the worst is your best friend is not your best friend. You need to kick her out and move on and also say bye to your friend since he will only betray you again. After all he was able to fu** your girl for years behind your back. Do yourself a favor and make yourself happy. Get a woman who truly loves you and is not interested in being with somebody else. It might be hard to accept this reality, but it is the best thing to do. Don’t be afraid, you will be so much happier!! I wish you the best!