My good financial situation means I disconnected with dates

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:37 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jarrod_1111
    jarrod_1111
    Participant
    November 23, 2015 at 3:48 pm #88878

So I’m not here to brag. But essentially at the age of 32 I’ve saved my money, invested wisely and worked hard to establish a good career for myself. I don’t flaunt my wealth but at the same time I don’t hide.

What I’m finding though is that when I’m dating someone it is really hard to relate. I get into conversations about topics such as:
    * how the property market is so expensive and how they one day want to save up enough for a house deposit (I already have multiple properties)
    * stressing over having enough money to pay bill
    * having personal loans, etc

I’m not putting down my dates. I’ve met a lot of lovely girls. But I feel like I’m in a different place as things they fret a lot about pretty laissez for me. Sort of like the journey of moving in and saving up for a house deposit. And having to budget. Where as with me I know that isn’t my situation. Really don’t know. A lot of young couples would have financial hardships where as I’m like “nope, already over that hurdle”

victor15
    Participant
    November 28, 2015 at 9:27 am #89010

Get over yourself and find something other than money to talk about. There’s always someone richer or poorer than you.

vptran31
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 5:48 am #89234

Sounds tough. I can t relate to people outside my income bracket. Maybe make some business connections and date a Small business owner??