DATING ADVICE FORUM

My guy best friend told me he likes me, I don't know how I feel

Author
    Comments

• complicated
    Participant
    August 17, 2016 at 11:43 am #108566
    My guy best friend told me he likes me, I don't know how I feel

My guy best friend told me about two weeks ago that he has feelings for me. I really don’t know how I feel about him. I politely declined (not rejecting him though) and then we didn’t speak for a while. Then we were talking like normal after a while; nothing awkward. Yesterday, some friends went over to his house, and I stayed for a bit longer while they took a cab. When the others left, we kissed, and then we cuddled in bed for the rest of the night, kissing but nothing other than than. He lives in another country, and I like him, but don’t like him at the same time. I feel like I do have feelings for him other than a friend, but I don’t think I could be in a relationship with him. He is so sweet as well; kind, smart, a complete gentleman. I don’t know if I liked what happened or I regret it. I also don’t want a long term relationship, but I also don’t want to lose him as a friend. Right now he thinks we are together, and I really don’t know what to do and what I feel. Please help!

Madisonrose1
    Participant
    August 17, 2016 at 3:10 pm #108627

I think you should tell him you have feelings for him, but ask if you can wait a little while to start a relationship

redlips
    redlips
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 1:42 am #108658

You don’t think you could be in a relationship with him. So why kiss him? You were giving him a false illusion that you’re into him.

complicated
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 6:27 am #108662

I am into him, the problem is that we live in two different countries, and I am on my last year of high school (so is he). With all the work I will need to do, and all the exams I don’t think I can have a long distance relationship. That is my problem.

complicated
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 2:14 pm #108668

Now he wants me to come over and meet his family! (even though we have been friends for years, I have actually not met them) Help, help, help! What should I do?!?!?!?