My guy best friend told me he likes me, I don't know how I feel

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

complicated
    Participant
    August 17, 2016 at 11:43 am #108566

My guy best friend told me about two weeks ago that he has feelings for me. I really don’t know how I feel about him. I politely declined (not rejecting him though) and then we didn’t speak for a while. Then we were talking like normal after a while; nothing awkward. Yesterday, some friends went over to his house, and I stayed for a bit longer while they took a cab. When the others left, we kissed, and then we cuddled in bed for the rest of the night, kissing but nothing other than than. He lives in another country, and I like him, but don’t like him at the same time. I feel like I do have feelings for him other than a friend, but I don’t think I could be in a relationship with him. He is so sweet as well; kind, smart, a complete gentleman. I don’t know if I liked what happened or I regret it. I also don’t want a long term relationship, but I also don’t want to lose him as a friend. Right now he thinks we are together, and I really don’t know what to do and what I feel. Please help!

Madisonrose1
    Participant
    August 17, 2016 at 3:10 pm #108627

I think you should tell him you have feelings for him, but ask if you can wait a little while to start a relationship

redlips
    redlips
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 1:42 am #108658

You don’t think you could be in a relationship with him. So why kiss him? You were giving him a false illusion that you’re into him.

complicated
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 6:27 am #108662

I am into him, the problem is that we live in two different countries, and I am on my last year of high school (so is he). With all the work I will need to do, and all the exams I don’t think I can have a long distance relationship. That is my problem.

complicated
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 2:14 pm #108668

Now he wants me to come over and meet his family! (even though we have been friends for years, I have actually not met them) Help, help, help! What should I do?!?!?!?