My Guy Friend is confusing me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

WritingGirl
    Participant
    February 2, 2017 at 10:07 pm #125551

Okay, so this might get a bit long but please bear with me. I am a 19-year-old girl in college. I have never had a boyfriend and that really used to bug me but now not so much. I met a guy here at college and we get along great. I have developed these massive feelings for him that I can’t shake. We go to the same youth functions so one day me and some of my girlfriends were joking around and trying to figure out what types of girls he liked. He more or less said that he wanted someone who was graceful and humble. I’m definitely not either of those. So that was disappointing. My thing is though that there have been a few times when I could have almost sworn we were having a connection. This one time he wanted something I had and I won’t tell you what all happened but we were more or less looking at each other and smiling in a teasing way. There was also one time when I was looking around and my eyes seemed to meet his but I looked away because I got scared. Am I reading the signs wrong?

fin
    Participant
    February 2, 2017 at 10:10 pm #125553

Don’t hold much faith in people’s ‘types’, they are very loose rules. If it feels like you’re flirting then you probably are! Be more playful and take it a step further, see if he joins in 🙂

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 12:58 pm #125642

i will disagree with fin. If point blank asked about “who do you like to date” (aka your “type” or preference) and in front of YOU… and the answer does not DESCRIBE you – that’s a huge sign it isn’t you. I can’t se a scenario if he watned to be with you that he would want to throw you off the scent so badly. So i actually think that answer was a huge huge .. “foreshadow” of the future.

Anybody at a moment, can have a “moment” or thought or fleeing moment of attraction to somebody else – but what we are attracted to and like when asked to describe it – that’s pretty consistent and doens’t just come from nowhere (tis something we’ve thought about, experienced, and noticed over time).

So i say the OPPOSITE. I would not take a momentary thing more seriously than somethign that’s developed over time. I’d take the thing that took time to develop more seriously than the momentary thing.

Sue315
    Sue315
    Participant
    February 6, 2017 at 1:25 pm #125830

Be confident in yourself and live your life. Be who you are and if he is interested you will know!

shhelbbyy
    Participant
    February 12, 2017 at 3:08 pm #126612

I think confidence is a lot of it. Be confident. Be the girl he said he looks for. But stay true to yourself. If it is meant to be, trust in that!

sealegs
    Participant
    February 15, 2017 at 2:20 am #126984

Well I think that I agree with richiro on types in a way. If you ask a guy and he describes something else right to you it can mean that he is really into a different type, but I kind of think that can be open to interpretation and relative. I would be more worried if you asked what his type was and he named physical features, like tall and blonde, while you are brunette and short. Then he is giving you a big clue he isn’t into you, if that makes sense. But personality traits can be relative and open to his perceptions and experiences with other girls. To him you could actually be graceful and humble, even if you don’t think you are, so I wouldn’t say it’s a definite no. Could be, but not super definite maybe.