My kinda ex's friend keeps messaging me, and I'm weirded out by it.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • mylove123
    mylove123
    Participant
    March 28, 2017 at 11:50 am #131349

Hello, exish never mentioned me to this friend of his who he stopped talking to also and his ex-friend keeps messaging me trying to hang out saying he’s hurt by my exish that stopped talking to him, too. My exish did tell me that this guy was weird and I could see why he’s weird…exish’s friend saw I was the only one tagged in pics with my exish, then when I was deleted, exish friend asked what happened and has been lurking my instagram even though I don’t know exish old friend at all. I’ve tried to let him down easy saying I’m still hurt by the exish and that I want time to myself, but this guy won’t stop asking me to hang out no matter how busy I tell him I am. And he takes advantage of me responding to him to continuously message me because I have a hard time ignoring people so I reply even when I don’t want to. I’d be ok if exish mentioned me to him, but his ex-friend msged me when my exish never mentioned me at all to him. Is this weird he’s trying to ask me to hang out?

ChrisFisher81
    Participant
    March 28, 2017 at 2:39 pm #131365

Block them

Dragonroll
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 8:54 am #131685

Yep, it’s happened to me. And I kept not being blunt because i’m a so called “nice person”, however, I learned along the way that that’s not true. Not being honest with people is more cowardly because you don’t want people to be mad at you and don’t want to be viewed as a mean person. All in all it’s selfish and only centers around you and what you want and how you feel. It doesn’t take the other person into consideration. You may not be giving him hope but in his mind you’re stringing him along by the simple act of not saying “go away”… some people are weird like that. The longer you’re not honest, the more you’re gonna hurt his feelings. Don’t ignore him, don’t block him, don’t keep responding with nice but non-committal answers… just be upfront and honest. Tell him you’re not interested in hanging out with new strangers… because you don’t know him and he is a stranger for all intents and purposes. If he gets pushy.. just say no very firmly and at that point you can block him

xodknxo96
    Participant
    April 3, 2017 at 11:23 am #131875

Yeah kinda weird, i would avoid it at all costs. not a good situation