My MIA Boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

My MIA Boyfriend

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BrainyHipster
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 5:44 pm #86275
    My MIA Boyfriend

So I’ve been exclusively dating this amazing man for 3 months. We have known each other for 6. We have a great connection and we never miss a beat. The problem? He’s been gone for half of our relationship. He travels with his dad across the US to help with his job. He’s now been gone for 2/3 months that we have been together. He was supposed to be back in September but now he is saying sometime in October. I don’t know what to do. I’m sad because I don’t get the relationship I want but I like him so much. He treats me like a princess and I have never been so happy with a guy. He’s 27 now and I am 21. I am young but I really want to settle down with someone and he has expressed the same thing. But how can I settle down with someone that is gone half of the year? What’s worse is that where he is at he doesn’t get service so I only hear from him 2 times a week. I’m lost and don’t know how to handle it? I mean I can’t tell him he can’t help his dad. How do I handle our relationship? HELP!

Anonymous
    September 30, 2015 at 10:35 pm #86288

you should tell him how you feel, maybe there’s something you both can do to make the situation better. He has to know what’s going on so both of you can fix it.

happy15
    Participant
    October 3, 2015 at 3:46 pm #86433

You need to talk to him and let him know your concerns. It may not be a long term plan of his to keep traveling with his dad. You won’t know until you talk about it.

Lintow
    Participant
    October 3, 2015 at 4:55 pm #86438

As they said,if your going to be in this relationship you have to be able to communicate honestly with how you feel