My person and our story: please advise

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

helpmepleasepig
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 12:36 pm #101053

Hi all,
    Im probably the dumbest person on this planet. I met the love of my life almost a year ago and we started dating and it was amazing. He was the best boyfriend and I loved him and still do deeply. I wasn’t ready (is what it all boils down to despite my reasoning in my head at that time) and I ended it within 6 months.
    Within a month I knew that I could not live without him. We remained best friends throughout our separation and after a series of events where he was going though increasingly hard times I did everything I could to go and take care of him. I would do it again in a heart beat. No matter what.
    The hard part is I broke his heart and we’ve been re dating for the past almost 6 months now but he still wont allow himself to love me fully yet. I want to spend the rest of my life with him and I feel like a dumbass. Ive cried about this for months now- he shows me he loves me constantly but he can be so hot and cold. Can anyone advise a dumb girl in love?

sooyun
    sooyun
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 1:09 pm #101060

Allow himself to trust you, be patient, and explain to him how you feel. I’m thinking that he may things about the past, so that’s why he can be hot and cold sometimes.

Louie97
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 4:10 pm #101087

Give him some time to come around. Hopfully he’ll see that you really really care for him and reciprocate those feelings.All the best

helpmepleasepig
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 5:36 pm #101062

That makes sense. I try to show him and give him space and love to trust.
    Im really trying but it hurts. Ill come to his office and make him sandwiches. Listen and be there when he needs me. Show him love affection and support without judgement, honestly its not hard because Im on his side. But Ive given and am giving him everything. Im happy to do this and its easy because I adore this man. But the downs really make me insecure. He said I still “Like” you on Saturday. Which shows me he still cant say ILY. He took me out to an AMAZING birthday last week. drops everything to come save me when Im in danger and shows me love through little things.
    Am I crazy? I feel crazy. I shouldnt want him to say it now but I would feel safe if I knew we were finally exclusive again and that he will love me.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 3:57 pm #101326

I think because you’ve broken his heart in the past, he doesn’t fully trust you with his heart again and is afraid. In time, if all goes well and you prove yourself to him, he’ll begin to trust you again. Sometimes, usually ALWAYS, you don’t know what you have until it’s gone. Good luck and dont mess up again.